Printer Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm ready to replace my 6 year old HP PSC2175 all in one printer with a new model all in one. I'd prefer the new one to be wireles or at least network-able. budget is $200 or less, I like this HP but am open to other brand suggestions. .

are the seperate color cartridges more cost effective than the tri-color?

Get something that has a large ink tank. My experience is that the size of ink tank is the major indicator of the cost per page of the print.

Check if your model has any problem if it has been on the market for a while.

What's wrong with your old one? If you already know how well it runs it probably just need a wireless print server for what you need.

I second ToyotaNSaturn's advice...
thumbsup2.gif
I have never had a problem with the Canon's I have owned.

Originally Posted By: PandaBear
Get something that has a large ink tank. My experience is that the size of ink tank is the major indicator of the cost per page of the print.

Check if your model has any problem if it has been on the market for a while.

What's wrong with your old one? If you already know how well it runs it probably just need a wireless print server for what you need.

The old one's buttons on the printer itself have stopped working so copying has to be done through software. There is also dust gathered on the bottom of the scanner glass and it is nearly impossible to take it apart to clean, I tried it once.

I have been comparing ink cartridges. My current printer's black cartridge is rated for 550 pages. A pack of two (1100 prints) costs about $48. The printer I looking at can take an "XL" cartridge that is rated for 2200 prints for $45. I haven't compared any others yet. I know they discount the printer and make up for it on the cartridges.

Keep the ALL-In-One for scanning and buy a laser. I bought a Samsung color laser for ~$200. It will pay for itself not having to replace the cartridges so often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back