Prime series d1g2 full syn 5w30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dd3

First post here...was just wondering if anyone had any Info on this product. My local Sam's Club has six packs for $15.99. I drive a 2014 ATS 2.0T. I do oil changes fairly frequently...around 6-7,500 mi.
Thanks

welcome2.gif

If it is d1g2, you can use it with no problem
smile.gif

Thanks for the welcome!
Yep, it is full syn d1g2. I saw this just after I purchased the Valvoline 5w30 from Amazon, lol.
Do you guys think, since it has the D1G2rating, that there is any difference at all between that and say "name brands" like Mobil 1 or Valvoline ?
Or is that spec (d1g2) so "tight" that ANY oil meeting that spec is perfectly fine? (Kirkland, Supertech, etc)
Thanks again

as i always note 10-30 is better in hotter climates + frequent changes are better especially with a turbo + likely DI. even better are real synthetics, PAO + or Esters + Redline is one of the very best. if you do a lot of highway you can safely go 10 thou as i did with my hotted up 1.8T 2001 jetta. also Redlines ester base oils are said to be better with carbon issues with its very good noack + again a 10-30 is better in hotter climates such as yours

Originally Posted by benjy
as i always note 10-30 is better in hotter climates + frequent changes are better especially with a turbo + likely DI. even better are real synthetics, PAO + or Esters + Redline is one of the very best. if you do a lot of highway you can safely go 10 thou as i did with my hotted up 1.8T 2001 jetta. also Redlines ester base oils are said to be better with carbon issues with its very good noack + again a 10-30 is better in hotter climates such as yours

This guy's a new member benjy. You forgot to give him the rundown on your gf's ride too. + fake oil story.

If it meet the D1G2 spec, you'll be fine with any of them. I'm running the Kirkland 5W30 at the moment, and it's doing great in my GM commuter requiring the stuff.
BTW, Valvoline Advanced 5W30 is great oil. I like it's new formulation that includes some Titanium.
Stick with the Dexos-rated stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back