Prime Guard POF 1A CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon folks
smile.gif

Another filter from Subyrubieroo and decided not to use it on the Camry. Looks pretty good to me and at $1.99 at Harvest King not a bad filter price wise.

20190710_171232.jpg

20190710_171431.jpg

20190710_171456.jpg

20190710_171502.jpg

20190710_171517.jpg

20190710_171540.jpg

20190710_171246.jpg

Did you use that red spotlight bulb (picture #4) behind the filter, to spot imperfections or silvery little gremlins?
Or was the bulb stuck inside the media when you took it apart?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by bullwinkle
I actually looked at one at an RK & it was so small I thought it was an FL-400S (size)!

Quaker State filters also consolidate numbers. A Quaker State 8A filter is the same size as an fl-400s filter or an equivalent Fram 3600. I could see somebody using this Prime Guard 8A on an application that calls for an fl-400 (or a Fram 3600), but why would anybody use this filter on an application that has the room for a full-sized 8A filter?

Gotta admit that's a decent looking filter for $2.
Wonder what the beta is ???
All their website claims is "high efficiency media".

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Did you use that red spotlight bulb (picture #4) behind the filter, to spot imperfections or silvery little gremlins?

That is my Longacre filter cutter; and I have no idea why someone would even thing it resembles a bulb.

That is in no way, shape or form a "bulb" also. Seriously wonder somedays!

Last edited:
I actually just picked up a couple PG cartridges the other day, for the first time. I like how they put the cross reference info on the box. Anyhow, can't say I see anything glaringly wrong with that $1.99 filter. I'm surprised they can mfg that thing for just a buck ninety nine...or maybe it's a loss leader item for HK??

Tx 53'.. ðŸ‘

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en

That is my Longacre filter cutter; and I have no idea why someone would even thing it resembles a bulb.

That is in no way, shape or form a "bulb" also. Seriously wonder somedays!

He had me looking for a lamp before I scrolled down and saw your post 53"... I'll never get that time back!...

Last edited:
Thanks Adam. Good to see that at least "out of the can" there's nothing immediately concerning. I've got some EcoGuards up next for the Outback to see what they look like used.

Always good work, my friend.
banana2.gif

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
Thanks Adam. Good to see that at least "out of the can" there's nothing immediately concerning. I've got some EcoGuards up next for the Outback to see what they look like used.

Always good work, my friend.
banana2.gif

Good to hear Chris
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back