Prime by Prestone vs Prestone?

I tried doing searches and went on Prestone's website but couldn't find a solid explanation.

What's the difference between Prime by Prestone and their regular line of anti-freeze? For example, the Prime by Prestone Dex-Cool vs Prestone Dex-Cool. What's the difference besides a few dollars per gallon?

Prime is the “cheap” line - they offer a regular Dex-Clone and old school green. Cor-Guard is the premium offering. SuperTech before WM switched to Recochem for this cycle is Prime.

Orange coolant should all be similar to each other.

Ah, thanks for the breakdown! So all Dex-Cool/Dex-Clone should be the same? There's not a brand that's "Better"?

I noticed the Prestone All-Makes all models has "Cor-Guard" and lists it is compatible with OAT, HOAT, POAT, etc... for 10 years / 300k miles. It's $12.50/gal versus $14-$18/gal for Dex-Cool (5 years / 150k miles).

Is the Cor-Guard really the premium product (AF3000)? I should probably use that in my Dex-Cool applications...

I noticed the Prestone All-Makes all models has "Cor-Guard" and lists it is compatible with OAT, HOAT, POAT, etc... for 10 years / 300k miles. It's $12.50/gal versus $14-$18/gal for Dex-Cool (5 years / 150k miles).

Is the Cor-Guard really the premium product (AF3000)? I should probably use that in my Dex-Cool applications...
Prestone is marketing Cor-Guard as the “premium” pick and it’s OEM fill for Ford. It’s miscible with Dex-Cool, but will work best if the cooling system is flushed, as it’s a pHOAT using 2-EHA and sodium neodeconate(sebacate) for organic acids.

Back