Pricing a used riding tractor?

John Deere L111 42" 20 HP B&S. Mower has 190 running hours. Very good cond. Not sure what to ask for selling price. Greg's List was little help. Ed

Right now... the skys the limit...

You basically cannot buy a new lawn tractor right now unless you want a pretty expensive one.

Had a guy the other day wanted $150 for a Honda push mower old enough to be branded "harmony" i'm not even sure it was a GCV160 it might have been a GCV140.

I'd start at at least $1000.00 I bet you will get it if its a nice tractor.

I'd go over to My Tractor Forum and ask the guys over there in the Deere Section.
If it is in good shape and with those low hours, I'd probably price in the 1K range.

The L series and similar G-series JD riding mowers that were sold at home improvement stores are not nearly as mechanically robust as the ones only available at John Deere dealerships. The engines are usually okay (Kohler/Kawasaki), but transmissions and other components are on par with cheap hardware-store riders. 1k can get you a well-built, durable 1990’s model. You can get one for less if you’re okay with repairing a cracked hood, which seems to be common on late 90’s-newer tractors. I have a 1992 JD 240 with a 14 Hp Kawasaki and 48” deck, which my parents bought new. It replaced a 1972 JD 110 with a 38” deck and 8 HP Kohler.

Normally I’d recommend Tractor House as a reference, but it was little help in this case.

Id try at $750-$1000 and go from there.

I listed a LT150 (2005 15hp 38in real dealer deere) last year for $475 on FB marketplace and I was beating off people with a stick. While yours was a big box store Deere it is bigger that this one so I'd say used value would be pretty similar.

Back