prices of lawn mower blades

Status
Not open for further replies.
They sure are higher than I remember them being in past years, but I couldn't say for sure.

It's probably government mandated penance to atone for your lawnmower's carbon sins.

More demand.

More people servicing their old mower instead of charging a new one to their Home Depot card.

I too am looking around and thinking of buying at least 1 extra blade. Sharpen it up, oil it with some gun oil, and put it on at the end of the season. (We have 70-80 degree Christmas here.)

Then I dont have a mower out of commission when I take the blade off. Always one extra.

After checking blade prices at the local box stores and the farm supply store, I ordered mine from Bailey's. Much cheaper, even with shipping charges. Made by Oregon in the USA.

Southern grass and soil must wreak havoc on blades. We've had blades last 20+yrs with our N.Eastern closely-cropped weeds.

Joel

Originally Posted By: SuperDave456
I too am looking around and thinking of buying at least 1 extra blade. Sharpen it up, oil it with some gun oil, and put it on at the end of the season. (We have 70-80 degree Christmas here.)

Then I dont have a mower out of commission when I take the blade off. Always one extra.

The place I take mine to get sharpened up, just spray paints them to keep them from rusting. Also it gives the added benefit of being able to tell if i have a sharpened blade ready to go with just a glance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back