prices of lawn mower blades

They sure are higher than I remember them being in past years, but I couldn't say for sure. It's probably government mandated penance to atone for your lawnmower's carbon sins.

More demand. More people servicing their old mower instead of charging a new one to their Home Depot card.

I too am looking around and thinking of buying at least 1 extra blade. Sharpen it up, oil it with some gun oil, and put it on at the end of the season. (We have 70-80 degree Christmas here.) Then I dont have a mower out of commission when I take the blade off. Always one extra.

After checking blade prices at the local box stores and the farm supply store, I ordered mine from Bailey's. Much cheaper, even with shipping charges. Made by Oregon in the USA.

JTK

Southern grass and soil must wreak havoc on blades. We've had blades last 20+yrs with our N.Eastern closely-cropped weeds. Joel

Originally Posted By: SuperDave456
I too am looking around and thinking of buying at least 1 extra blade. Sharpen it up, oil it with some gun oil, and put it on at the end of the season. (We have 70-80 degree Christmas here.) Then I dont have a mower out of commission when I take the blade off. Always one extra.
The place I take mine to get sharpened up, just spray paints them to keep them from rusting. Also it gives the added benefit of being able to tell if i have a sharpened blade ready to go with just a glance.