Prices gone up (and will go up 2 weeks) at Wal-Mart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Just got back from Wal-Mart and they have rasied their prices on some oils (mostly Mobil / Some Castrol) and will be raising again before the end of the month.

(Even wrote them down to make sure I was correct!)
tongue.gif

Mobil 1
$5.68 qt
$21.94 5qt

Mobil 1 EP
$6.22 qt
$27.52 5qt

Mobil 5000
$2.07 qt

Pennzoil Dino
$2.48 qt
$9.97 5qt

Pennzoil PP
$3.97 qt
$18.97 5qt

Castrol GTX
$2.62 qt
$9.97 5qt

Syn Blend
$3.37 qt
$14.97 5qt

Syntec
$5.07 qt
$20.72 5 qt

Valvoline AC
$2.36 qt
$10.97 5qt

Maxlife (75000 or more)
$2.84 qt
$11.47 5qt

Syn Power
$4.97 qt
$18.97 5qt

QS Dino
$1.97 qt
$8.97 5qt

QS 4x4
$2.97 qt
$14.22 5qt

Full Syn
$3.97 qt

Motorcraft
$2.07 qt
$9.52 5qt

Supertech
$1.38 qt
$6.88 5qt

ST Full Syn
$2.97 qt
$12.24 5qt

Havoline
$1.97 qt
$8.94 5qt

No Trop Artic and no space on the shelf for it!
shocked.gif

They were out of the most, ST dino, Havoline, MC. Low supply of Castrol and Pennzoil.

The person raising the prices of Fram filters said that he just got done with raising the Mobil / Castrol and before the end of the month Mobil will be raised again (He knew that for sure).
shocked.gif

Asked about Supertech filters and if they were going to be raised in price and he did not know.
dunno.gif

I'm glad for my Stash...
grin.gif

Nothing like buying a case of oil for $6!
fruit.gif

Take care, Bill
biggthumbcoffe.gif

[ May 07, 2006, 10:19 PM: Message edited by: Bill in Utah ]

quote:

Originally posted by Bill in Utah:
Hi,

Just got back from Wal-Mart and they have rasied their prices on some oils (mostly Mobil / Some Castrol) and will be raising again before the end of the month.

Yeah, I saw that this weekend too and posted it on another thread...thanks to our oil-industry friends!
twak.gif

quote:

Originally posted by LouDawg:

quote:

Originally posted by Bill in Utah:
Hi,

Yeah, I saw that this weekend too and posted it on another thread...thanks to our oil-industry friends!
twak.gif

They are just trying to get by!
cheers.gif

Their retirement is hard to live on...
lol.gif

Bill
biggthumbcoffe.gif

Yeah, I too, saw the price hike on Supertech. I tried to explain to my wife but she went on and on about how we should stockpile everything else if we were going to stockpile based on inflation. I told her to be quiet with such nonsense. It didn't work and I went home with no SuperT. "Sigh" I guess the 24 bottles of Nuetra were my only stash-related purchases this week.
wink.gif

I stopped at WalMart at lunch. They were putting the new prices on. The ST dino was more than the new "high-mileage" (IMO, it's a new name for the old WPP syn-blend), so I grabbed two HM 10W30 jugs.

These motor oil and gasoline price hikes have less to do with "our oil industry friends" (not that they don't wish it were otherwise...) than with speculators (aka "commodity traders") bidding up the price of crude oil everytime George Bush or Mahmoud Ahmadinejad leans slightly to the side in his chair and "burps". As long as mideast political instability and threats continue unabated, there's little to no chance of real pricing relief.

Dear oil price wathchers,

The local Wal-Mart Jr. (Sam's Club) had 6-packs of M1 5w20 for $29.47 on Saturday at noon. That's $4.91 a quart. They had a boatload of it, too. Along with Delo, Delvac and Rotella for the diesel crowd.

I may have to go to one of our local farm,home, and ranch type stores and stock up on Trop Artic or Citgo.

They sell for $1.38 and $1.48 a quart respectively. For now that is!

I was just at Walmart fifteen minutes ago and the guy was AGAIN putting new (higher) price stickers on all of the oil products.

He said they'll probably go up again within the month.

Yay.

quote:

Originally posted by Racerjk:
I may have to go to one of our local farm,home, and ranch type stores and stock up on Trop Artic or Citgo.

must be refearing to atwoods.
dunno.gif

I was in two WM's today- eveything had gone up as stated above, *but* both had plenty of TropArtic still priced at $1.48/qt, in 5/10w30 & 10w40- I bought 9 qts of TA 5w30. At Fred's Discount, Havoline dino had gone up from $1.69 for 10w30/40 & $1.79 qt for 5w30 to $1.92/qt for all Havoline dino muultiweights.

At Target, Formula Shell was up from $1.35/qt ro $1.59.

I also managed to snag one 5-qt jug of SuperTech 5w30 for $6.38 instead of $6.88. They went & changed the shelf tags immediately, though!
grin.gif
Got another jug at the other WM, had to pay the full price for it. 3 more qts & I can finish the rest of my Auto-RX double dose with the SuperTech oil. After seeing the UOA on Formula Shell 5w30, I decided it's too good to use up 3 more fills on clean-up.

And I wasn't gonna buy any more oil for a long time! Curse those price raisers, it's all *their* fault!!
tongue.gif
Oh well, just a couple more qts & I'm good for oil changes for both cars for another 2 yrs at least.
burnout.gif

[ May 08, 2006, 10:42 PM: Message edited by: Stuart Hughes ]

quote:

Originally posted by leel:

quote:

Originally posted by Racerjk:

dunno.gif

Around here, that would be Tractor Supply and Rural King...

quote:

Originally posted by 427Z06:
Weee-doggie! Hyper-Inflation here we go.
grin.gif

I'm told there is little inflation and it's true - By discounting housing cost, energy costs, medical costs, insurance costs, taxes, tuition costs, automobile costs, etc, etc, we can make the number come out to right about 2%.

So as long as I spend all my money on bushels of corn, made in China electonics at Walmart, clothing made in Indonesia that falls apart after 3 washings, and airline tickets, I can live an almost inflation free life.

grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by leel:
dunno.gif

Yup. I figure there's not an Atwood's near 90% of the folks on this board though.

They have pretty decent prices on oil IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back