Price of yearly oil change

My last oil change was less than 25 bucks. 18 for the oil on sale and 5 for the filter.

My wife had a 97 Jetta. Took it to Walmart since we lived in a apartment for their full synthetic package. I think at the time it was 70.00 or something. Jack wagon overfilled the PS with the wrong fluid. Never again as long as I’m capable let someone else change the oil.

I just had the oil changed in my wife's CX-9 . Independent shop . Pennzoil Synthetic blend . <$60 .

I try to keep my DIY oil changes below the $15 mark and I always run full synthetic oil with Fram Ultra filters. I typically run my filters for two 5K intervals and I take advantage of rebates when they are available.

If I had a vehicle that took more than 5 quarts, I’d do as others suggest and buy a second 5 quart jug instead of using singles.

I haven’t paid someone to do my oil change since 2003 but I have colleagues paying around $60 for conventional and around $115 for full synthetic. Folks in my office with German cars are paying between $140 and $200 for their oil changes.

Well I just swung by wally-world to get a filter and some oil for my yearly service on my 2UZ-FE 4runner.
5qt jug of M1 high mileage extended performance, plus 2 extra qts, and a Fram Ultraguard 3600. Almost $60 for everything. Anyone know what the going rate for this same oil change at a lube shop is running nowadays? $100+?
$15 rebate on the M1 EP. $20 oil change at WM if you provide the oil and filter.

Back