price my 1999 Ford Ranger

I'll echo what JoelB said - thats worth $7500 easy up here... If it was a 4x4, I'd go even higher. Very, very few that look that nice around here anymore.

As others have said, you can probably get 6k no problem. If you want to hold out you can get much more. Depends if your mom is ok with waiting.

3.slow(vulcan)
2wd
looks flawless..
those werent that expensive new. 13k ~~?
I think I paid 17k for a 2002 XLT, 4x4, offroad pkg, supercab.

little trucks are a hot item. I think anything over $6500 is a pipe dream.. but lots of people smoke those funny cigarettes nowadays.
I'd probably post it up for 8k and see what happens if you can wait.
if you need it gone pretty sure $6000 would sell it reasonably fast.

I was thinking 5-6k myself.. I bought a 99 s10 extended cab v6 with 50k miles for $500 (needed intake manifold gaskets) and sold to my mother for $3800. At the time (a couple years ago) I figured I could probably get 5-6 for it if I wanted to, and that was a more desirable truck than this ranger IMO. That said no reason to not shoot for the moon and see what happens, IMO the moon would be $7500.
You made 3300 off your Mom, I am sure you sleep well at nite.

When you do list it, post pics of the frame. Like others said, these are going up in value.

New trucks have to be bigger to meet the EPA/CAFE "shadow" requirement, where a bulkier vehicle has a lower, and more achievable, MPG target. IIRC even the Nissan pickup, the cheapest pickup you can buy, only comes in extended cab. People want a small truck because of its ease of parking etc.

With the miles, this is definitely a carsandbids.com candidate, and probably a bringatrailer.com candidate. I'm sure it would go over $5k on those sites and likely closer to $8K because the miles are so low.

For comparison...

Those sites attract enthusiasts and the truck will go to a good home, though there is more initial cost and legwork than just putting it on FB marketplace or CL. On FB and CL I would plan on weeding out a lot of tire kickers wanting to offer $2k.

You might find some surprises if you list it on bring a trailer. It’s clean enough that if you took a bunch of good, quality, detail pictures, you might get some good interest at higher prices for it.

You made 3300 off your Mom, I am sure you sleep well at nite.

Well for starters I ended up doing more to it than intake gaskets, and she knew exactly what I had into it (gave her my spreadsheet) and when I told her she could have it for whatever she wanted to pay me that was her number. I'm not sure what the problem is; she got a good deal on a really nice little truck and I made some money. My fault for giving details that weren't relevant to the OP's question though. It is about time for bed.

You might find some surprises if you list it on bring a trailer. It’s clean enough that if you took a bunch of good, quality, detail pictures, you might get some good interest at higher prices for it.

That is a good idea. Stuff can bring unreal money on there. I saw a Samurai exactly like mine sold for $8k and my jaw still hasn't come off the floor.

I’d say put 5k on it. I wish I was closer I love those little Rangers I couldn’t find one when I was truck shopping so I settled for a Mazda but it’s close enough and been very problem free. Though if that was my family members truck I couldn’t part with it. I paid $1000 for my 1989 Mazda B2200 with 104,000 on it the lady had to sell it since she was moving I talked her down from $1500.

$5-6k for a quick sale. It will take a little longer to find a buyer wanting to pay more. I have owned a few Rangers. I did sell one with 300,000 miles on it for $4k.

Lol, not saying people who have Rangers are weird (an 86’ was technically my first car).

People who pay and have caused such a surge in pricing are weird. Same with Jeep XJ’s.
If $100k is just a drop in the bucket for someone, they won't care how crazy it seems to spend it on some random old car.

A 1980 F-250 4x4 with something like 20 original miles recently sold for almost $100K, and aside from the color and 4wd it wasn't even well optioned. The truck is just a museum piece at this point too... driving it regularly would ruin the originality because so many things would need to be replaced. The buyer spent almost six figures on something that's mostly just cool to look at.

The crazy car price thing has been going on for around 20 years now, maybe longer. The first big boom I remember was when Mopar prices went through the roof in the early 2000s. I remember some late 60s cars getting to the low millions. That's not just weird, it's insane at that point, but some people just have a whole lot of money.

The demand is much stronger than the supply for.those trucks. With that mileage in that condition they are almost impossible to find. It's a seller's market.

I would start asking about $8,000 and see how much interest I get. I suspect if it's as nice as it appears you will get between.$6,000-7,000 for it. People like to feel like they got a deal.though so you need to leave some room.

Back