price drop

Status
Not open for further replies.
The walmart in my area (Lansing, MI) droped the price of their 5 quart oil jugs by a dollar. So if anyone is going to do an oil change soon, you might want to see if yours did to and save a buck.

All the 5 qt jugs of major brands were a buck off at my walmart. I dont know if all the stores are doing this, but it might be worth a look.

A couple of weeks ago, local W/M raised the price of M1 5 qt. jugs by $1.00 . Prices on some brands seem to get juggled every few weeks.
dunno.gif

why is it that only walmart sells the 5 quart jugs, everyone els only carries the gallon. Its more convienent (for me at least) to get 5qts vs. a gallon.

"why is it that only walmart sells the 5 quart jugs"

Because they demand the 5 quart jug from each oil company they buy from, or they will not carry that brand of oil. If you sell oil to Walmart, you have to play by their rules. Plus the 5 quart jug is a better deal for the consumer.
smile.gif

Do a web search for.....Walmart and gallon jar of Vlasic pickles. And you will see what I'm talking about.

Sorry guys but all this talk about big jugs only reminds me of this girl I dated in High School....now there were some big jugs
grin.gif

Yeah i've seen it.

I used to work retail 20 years ago for a company down here called Publix Supermarkets, they were the same way with their vendors and suppliers.

I'm not anti/pro Walmart. I shop there all the time.
smile.gif
Retail is a very cut throat business.

lol.gif
Why did they make them 5qt. jugs instead of a half case jugs? And does it mean we'll start seeing jugs of Trop?arctic there
dunno.gif

[ March 03, 2006, 03:57 AM: Message edited by: ImaginThat ]

quote:

Originally posted by Johnny:
Not only does Wal-Mart demand it, it's in their agreement that the major oil companies cannot sell the 5 quart jugs to anyone else.

Really? The last 5 quart jug of Mobil1 I picked up I got at O'Reilly's. I wonder if that policy is changing or if there's something underhanded going on.

I don't see how Wal-Mart can demand 5-gal jugs to be exclusive to Wal-Mart. Isn't that restraint of trade, which is illegal? It's not like Wal-Mart has a patent on 5-gal jugs.

^^ Yes -- the O'Reilly's in my area also carried the 5qt jugs of MC 5w20. Most all of their others were 1 gal. I don't understand the need for 1 gal. Most all cars use more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back