Price cut and free charging for Tesla

Tesla may be blazing its own trail in many ways but they seem to be following Volkswagen's old marketing strategy that was in place for the classic Beetle model. Very difficult to tell one model year from another, with improvements added under the hood (or rather under the rear engine lid) chassis or an occasional new piece of chrome.

And just like with buyers for the old VW Bug, redundant styling year to year didn't matter. They were buying the car for other reasons.
But they sure could use a major refresh regarding styling. Then again I can see their strategy too, tooling up for a new body has to be horrendously expensive and they are sinking their capital into other areas of the manufacturing and performance categories.

Yes, I'm 100% convinced it will. Tesla's looks are already showing their age and others are producing very interesting stuff.

I always think they are showing their age and need new styling before they get ‘stale’.

Until the day comes that "all the other automakers" are producing profit margins anywhere near what Tesla makes, yes Tesla will continue to be the envy among all makers. And considering that the Model 3 is outselling the extremely popular Toyota Camry I think that is something that other automakers are envious of as well.

Just wait until the next round of gas price hikes comes around. And we all know that it will. Those "educated, wealthy, liberal leaning people from big cities" that Elon has alienated will cry like little girls and get in line to buy a Tesla. And being that they are "educated" they won't buy another brand of EV because they are smart enough to know that cars like the Bolt, Mach-e and others are junk.

We'll see who's opinion is more accurate by the end of 2023. Let's revisit the topic then.
Those " educated, wealthy, liberal leaning people from the big cities" don't worry about the price of gas because there wealthy. It's a status symbol to them and there will be a new one on the horizon and it's not a bolt

I didn't say Tesla will cease to be a successful car maker. Merely that it's lead in EV is getting smaller, and I don't see the stock increasing in value in 2023.

But who knows, maybe after the covid mess is over in China, maybe the China factory will be super profitable?

A lot of those Teslas produced in China are exported as well. By leveraging lowered manufacturing costs and integrated automotive supply chains in China, maybe Tesla can further increase profit per vehicle?

If a company expects to trade at 33 times earnings it has to keep repeating spectacular results.

919B2565-85C0-42FA-B5E3-D34D8DCFD411.jpg

No other automakers had increases of 40% year over year. But Tesla's own predictions plus market estimates were even higher.
Which goes to show how much emotion has an effect upon stock prices. I guess 40% growth wasn't good enough for the analysts.

Also the total sales numbers did not take into account a rather large number of finished vehicles that were in transit. Due to the coming tax incentives, many buyers were waiting until 2023 to take delivery.

So what will 2023 bring ? How about sales of 2.2 million vehicles by the end of the year ? That shouldn't be difficult. I also expect Tesla to make some adjustments in their vehicle prices or production to take better advantage of the tax incentives which not surprisingly given how much the people who wrote the bill hate Elon is skewed against Tesla.

I'm holding my shares and not panicking.

picked up a 23 tesla y with the 7500 discount and 10k charging miles. this car cost more than my last 4-5 cars combined. before the camry i only bought used. its nice to drive. one of my worries is the spin on gear oil filters. i've got 2 of these and i think eventually these will start to possibly drip. no one talks about servicing these at all.

picked up a 23 tesla y with the 7500 discount and 10k charging miles. this car cost more than my last 4-5 cars combined. before the camry i only bought used. its nice to drive. one of my worries is the spin on gear oil filters. i've got 2 of these and i think eventually these will start to possibly drip. no one talks about servicing these at all.

They used to. I think Tesla did away with mentioning the service. It used to be a 50k mile service. I do not see this as a place to skimp.

Back