Price cut and free charging for Tesla

Tesla down 71% is awesome. Wouldn't that make it a buy? or is there some competition that will make them seem like a has been?
Boatloads of competition, Tesla isnt even in the top ten. I do get your idea though, getting the stock for 71% cheaper than others paid for it seems like a bargain and maybe it is but not for me, not that I am right, but there is something about catching the falling knife theory ...

Last edited:
Don't confuse car manufacturers with electric car manufacturers. I just don't see the boatloads of competition.
Arent they both cars?
If you think Americans will prefer battery powered cars dont you think the top ten makers in the world will be offering a slew of vehicles in the coming two years? Companies that have a knack of models that appeal to buyers and maybe better priced where the general public might purchase one.
It's just a different engine and much higher price, nothing more.
All different perspectives, I see nothing but competition and have been saying it when Tesla was 100 times earnings, now it's down 71% down $286 a share this year alone. Is this a company that you have inside information on the they will be producing something better than what is available?

If not, I would listen to the stock market and what it is saying but that is just me, doesn't mean I am right, but just imagine the person not to long ago who thought it was a great price when it was down 30%, then 40%, then 50%, then 60% so now that we are down 70% is this the point where it stops?
I dont know, I wish I did know, if I did know maybe I would buy it but what if it goes down another 50% next spring? To eventually the industry P/E of around 10 or even being generous 20 times earnings.
Even if you think it's a bargain being down 70% (think about that 70%) one has to remember, their profit margins are declining, layoffs are taking place and production plants cutting production. All of a sudden the reason the stock was selling at 100 times earnings have vaporized like waking up from a dream.

Last edited:

More bad news for Tesla.

With recession around the corner things will get worse when all the Stimulus Ballers start getting their Teslas repossessed and flooding the used Tesla market.

Something else that is just around the corner is another gas crisis. It's just a matter of time. Like some worldwide event caused by Putin and his buddies the Iranians cutting off oil flow through the straits of Hormuz or some such mischief.
And just like we have seen for the last 45 years, the US will still be unprepared for it, even more so with the policies of the current administration.

So what will happen ? People will once again be tired of it all and want EV's. And those tax breaks will be mighty enticing. Which automaker will be best poised to quickly fill the demand ? Guess who.

It won't matter what Tesla's price/earnings are. What will matter is which automaker has the highest demand and can also fill that demand.
Emotions and speculation will once again have a major effect upon the stock price.

I have a good supply of popcorn so I'm just going to sit back and watch it happen.

Tesla down 71% is awesome. Wouldn't that make it a buy? or is there some competition that will make them seem like a has been?
The only competition would be from every other car maker on planet earth.
Something else that is just around the corner is another gas crisis. It's just a matter of time. Like some worldwide event caused by Putin and his buddies the Iranians cutting off oil flow through the straits of Hormuz or some such mischief.
And just like we have seen for the last 45 years, the US will still be unprepared for it, even more so with the policies of the current administration.

So what will happen ? People will once again be tired of it all and want EV's. And those tax breaks will be mighty enticing. Which automaker will be best poised to quickly fill the demand ? \
Tesla doesnt make SUVs and Im not a person who will drive the interstates and also tow a boat in a compact car.
Tesla would be a major step backwards for me to re-fuel a SUV (if they even made one) if it was going to take longer than the 5 minutes that it currently takes me to re-fuel my current 3 row SUV.
Gas is cheap to me, I dont mind paying for it, price is perception to the individual. I used to pay $1 or more for gas four decades ago, this week I paid $2.45 that seems like a bargain to me, more so because taxes are higher on it too and could be higher.
Yet, Im supposed to own instead, a battery powered compact car that takes a ridiculous amount of time to recharge and pay over $20,000 more for it or the more for something the same size if it was even in production? $20,000 is a lot of free gasoline.
Ummmm... no.. I suggest people will get tired of the inconvenience of recharging batteries and paying a retarded purchase price for a compact car except for local use cars better priced which maybe coming from other manufacturers..

It's already fact, not fiction, that the well known "forecasters" made a grave error in their demand predictions for EVs by the year 2030 and have been slashing those predictions even in the last week.
Its all good, Im not against EVs for those that want them and dont mind all the inconveniences and small size but dont tell me I am not going to want a nice, big, beautiful full size SUV that can be refueled anyplace in the country in a matter of minutes at a lower cost no less! To suggest otherwise I would have to say, the future will prove what will be.
Some of these predictions on a EV that isnt even 1% of the vehicles on the road are so far "out there" its not even funny.

Last edited:
Paying big dollars for any vehicle is almost never a good idea so until the prices on BEV's fall they will remain a high priced alternative.

No one can speak for what is or isn't inconvenient for another only themselves.

For one person potentially or actually taking longer to complete a regular road trip is intolerable regardless of the price.

For another person potentially or actually forcing 100+ visits to a gas station every year vs. 0 is intolerable regardless the price.

Yeah, I have to plug in the Tesla and go to the gas station. I am an intolerable double loser. Sheesh. Life's a b, it seems; cain't win for losin'.

Even with the recent cost reductions here in California gas is still expensive. In my small mountain town, 91 octane is $5.09 but when I am "down the hill" shopping there are an Arco station and an Exxon station (both top tier fuel) that are $0.90 per gallon cheaper. I usually top off when I am in their vicinity. However, a few months ago that same gas was over $7 a gallon. It could happen again and happen almost overnight.

It is understood that EV's are not for everybody and trying to force adoption by 2035 in some states is going to see a lot of pushback.
But if we see reliable and reasonable battery range capacity EV's in the sub - $30k price category soon people aren't going to forget what 2022 was like. And when another gas crisis occurs, if that coincides with a good supply of EV's from several makers at prices less than the common $60K sticker price we see today, people are going to be lining up to buy them.

The "well known forecasters" who are slashing their predictions on EV sales seem to be unaware of the tendency for history to repeat itself on a regular basis.

Yeah, I have to plug in the Tesla and go to the gas station. I am an intolerable double loser. Sheesh. Life's a b, it seems; cain't win for losin'.
Plus, the weather sucks where you live, so you only get what, 300 days a year where you can put the top down on the ’Vette?

😎

Plus, the weather sucks where you live, so you only get what, 300 days a year where you can put the top down on the ’Vette?

😎
The only time I put it up was when my BIL and I loaded it onto his car trailer to take it up to Gig Harbor, WA. I included the new weatherstrip kit, interior parts and new black top.
68 new top side.jpeg

Tesla demand over 2022 is very interesting if you believe the method TroyTeslike uses to calculates it.

A few reasons behind the numbers...
Tesla continues to ramp factories; they are building far more cars which consumes backlog.
People are waiting for the tax credit; why not wait 3 months and save a bundle? Tesla offered a $7,500 discount; I was tempted to get a Model 3 Performance but they were all sold in a few days. You snooze you lose.
Others, like me, are waiting for the Model 3 refresh, aka Highland.

Of course outside influences, like interest rates, affect all car makes, not just Teslas.

Definition of wishful thinking!

The economy is doing OK. Interest rates are up, and they are where they were traditionaly. Still, the housing market in many parts of the country (here) is strong, regardless that the APR is 7%. Some other places are not, but maybe they needed correction. Hiring is strong, and November numbers show stronger consumer spending.

The car market needs correction. There are some genuine issues, but there is also artificial inflation of prices based on fearmongering. That is going to disappear as higher interest rates are slowing down sales. So that $5,000 above MSRP is going to slowly disappear.

But, TESLA does not have only problem with Elon, although his "vision" was to piss off people that actually buy his cars bcs. trend. Since Tesla was all about trends, and people keeping up with the Joneses, those people did not have a problem moving to another hair dryer, or they just burned through their EV itch.
Demand for Tesla in Germany is at abysmal levels, mostly bcs. his "vision." In China Tesla is facing real issues with COVID outbreak and messed up policy by CCP. That is something Tesla does not have influence over, but the problem is Elon made it worse at a time when he really should stay quiet.

He won't fix Twitter by hiring new CEO. He might hire someone, but someone that can actually do something, won't work for such an individual. Also, he thinks Twitter is a manufacturing floor.

A person that pays $44 bln for a company worth, at best $20bln, does not have a vision. That person has issues.
Well I'm sure glad someone richer than Elon explained that to us. Now I'm going to sleep easier!

@DwightFrye TSLA stock has taken a beating. Those who think short term seem to think this is the end. But TSLA has always been a roller coaster. There is no sales number problem and certainly not a profit margin margin. Heck, you can't even order a Model 3 Performance right now. There are zero available.
I'm just an automotive enthusiast, and no Tesla stock expert. However, Tesla has not had any significant style/model updates or new offerings in quite some time.

I understand Tesla is honing the process to perfection, but the automotive norm has been to provide something new every so often.

Here is what I know. Style sells. People LOVE a good looking vehicle. The Eurocopter EC135 is not a better helicopter. But it looks great and has been regularly upgraded. They sold thousands of 'em compared to the competition which has not even topped 100 yet.

This is good looking, and will sell well if properly priced. Despite the fact that it is vastly technically inferior:

2023_blazer_ev_outro_02_e1b583d12a.jpg

I'm just an automotive enthusiast, and no Tesla stock expert. However, Tesla has not had any significant style/model updates or new offerings in quite some time.

I understand Tesla is honing the process to perfection, but the automotive norm has been to provide something new every so often.

Here is what I know. Style sells. People LOVE a good looking vehicle. The Eurocopter EC135 is not a better helicopter. But it looks great and has been regularly upgraded. They sold thousands of 'em compared to the competition which has not even topped 100 yet.

This is good looking, and will sell well if properly priced. Despite the fact that it is vastly technically inferior:

2023_blazer_ev_outro_02_e1b583d12a.jpg
All true. Tesla certainly does not follow automotive norms; it blazes its own trail. Will the "no new look" hurt them? It time it has to, IMO.
But so far no other EVs sell anywhere Tesla numbers. And no other vehicle of any kind brings in revenue and profit like the Model Y and 3.

By the way, that pic doesn't do much for me... But that's just me.

By the way, that pic doesn't do much for me... But that's just me.
That kind of vehicle does not appeal to me either, as I like true sports cars and race cars. But I believe it's good looking and will sell.
Will the "no new look" hurt them?
Yes, I'm 100% convinced it will. Tesla's looks are already showing their age and others are producing very interesting stuff.

Last edited:
Back