Prevacid anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just got one of the last boxes at Walgreens. CVS and Walmart completely bare. I've tried them all and Prevacid is the best, the others cause undesirable effects I guess you'd say. Been using it for the last 3 years after a serious bout of chest pains. Anyone know what's going on? Internet searches is vague.

I used to take the perscription version a while back and it was great.

I just occasionally take Prilosec now (Omeprazole, 20 mg.).

Eat some yogurt & get some good bacteria in there. Activia helps.

I work at CVS and we haven't had it for about a month now. It is on manufacturer back order. We don't have a release date.

If you have RX insurance, the generic prescription version in 15 and 30mg doesn't have any supply issues. It would be your generic copay per your insurance. Your Dr. would just need to write or call in a prescription.

Tried the generic 30mg and broke out in hives. Never tried the 15mg since it was available over the counter. Thinking about trying the Zantac can't recall if I ever tried it. Going to the doctor sounds like a good backup plan.. although I need to find a new doctor or at least a new facility.

Ill play Pop on here and ask if y'all are obese...

But seriously, I hope that perhaps you can do things to get off the meds - then no worries about supply!

I am into natural substances, then I go main stream medicine. Try some papaya for enzyme production. Dried papaya is good and a good snack too. Try a product called colon green and after your done with that a good daily good bacteria tablet of your choice. Walk into a natural food store and talk to them. Of course, (waiver) check with your doctor before you start with this process.
whistle.gif
Nexium is what my wife uses, but it is very expensive.

The only drug/pill I had in the last 9-10 months was 1 Tylenol gel-cap extra strength a week ago for arthritis pain, no other pill prescription or non-prescription.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

But seriously, I hope that perhaps you can do things to get off the meds - then no worries about supply!

Nope, normal weight. I would love to get off this medicine, but the repercussions of not taking it are pretty severe. Omeprazole (similar to Prevacid) is a miracle! 5 years ago I used to wake up in the middle of the night vomiting acid which would then get into my lungs. It caused a few says in the hospital. I tried diet, sleeping position, sleeping times nothing worked. Then came Omeprazole! No problems for years, except when I stop taking it, then the problems come back. I can understand the OPs concern about supply.

Uhh I really don't help any with bacteria or anything related to my colon.. 4 out of 5 people that know me would back that up. Also for chronic heartburn suffers obesity has nothing to do with it. And no I'm not obese, neither is my grandpa's, dad or son's. It appears to be genetic with our family. My family used to be big on not taking pills also but my grandpa got throat cancer and dad and I don't exactly want to go down that route. And it's only pills we take.

Zantac has always worked for me for occasional heart burn. Have you examined your diet and identify what triggers your symptoms?

For me, bread does it.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

Nope. 6' 180 lbs. Only rare acid now, like after Ice Cream (
20.gif
).

might also want to read up on food combinations as many people can simply adjust what/when they eat and solve all their heartburn problems

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
The only drug/pill I had in the last 9-10 months was 1 Tylenol gel-cap extra strength a week ago for arthritis pain, no other pill prescription or non-prescription.
Awesome - good for you. More quality meds for the rest of us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back