Pretty impressed non ethanol fuel yard equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gave it a shot by making my own. 5 gallons 93 octane mixed with 32oz of water and blue food coloring. Let it sit for 2 hours then drained the water. Made roughly 4 gallons of gas. I have octane booster but so far the lawnmower seems to like it. Cheaper than buying tru fuel.

There is way more water in your fuel AFTER this is completed, than before. So you want to trade a little ethanol, for a lot more water. OK. Sounds tardish to me.

Originally Posted By: ARB1977
Gave it a shot by making my own. 5 gallons 93 octane mixed with 32oz of water and blue food coloring. Let it sit for 2 hours then drained the water. Made roughly 4 gallons of gas. I have octane booster but so far the lawnmower seems to like it. Cheaper than buying tru fuel.

What is your total cost per gallon?

I just get the E-0 from the local QT. It's the same price per gallon as 93, currently $2.89. Works fine in all my yard equipment. Simple...

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
There is way more water in your fuel AFTER this is completed, than before. So you want to trade a little ethanol, for a lot more water. OK. Sounds tardish to me.

How is there more water than before? That’s why the food coloring is added so you see the water separation.

I might try separating out the ethanol, but I have a station with E0 less than a mile away. A couple of gallons and I’m good for the next month.

Originally Posted By: Oldmoparguy1

What is your total cost per gallon?

I just get the E-0 from the local QT. It's the same price per gallon as 93, currently $2.89. Works fine in all my yard equipment. Simple...

Unfortunately I can’t get E0 I my area. Hence the reason why I made my own.

Originally Posted By: Crispysea
I might try separating out the ethanol, but I have a station with E0 less than a mile away. A couple of gallons and I’m good for the next month.

Consider yourself lucky. My area doesn’t carry it.

How do you figure? Water doesn't mix with pure gasoline... never has. If you add water to pure gasoline, it just sits at the bottom.

Dude, its stupid. Its dumb. If you cant see that, I cant help you.

Your calling it stupid and dumb. Give me facts... if not, see ya.

I put it in my contaminated oil recycle container.

I see little need to do that. After treatment, it's only water and alcohol that is decanted. Both are environmentally friendly. The mixture has absolutely no gasoline smell to it.

Originally Posted By: Kestas

How do you figure? Water doesn't mix with pure gasoline... never has. If you add water to pure gasoline, it just sits at the bottom.

The food coloring allows you to see more separation. I wish I could find E0 in my area but I can’t. Tru fuel is too expensive. This to me is a better alternative.

Originally Posted By: Kestas
I put it in my contaminated oil recycle container.

I see little need to do that. After treatment, it's only water and alcohol that is decanted. Both are environmentally friendly. The mixture has absolutely no gasoline smell to it.

There is some gas smell but not as intense.

Am I the only one who has had 0 problems with ethanol in fuel? Heck my grandpa's mid 70s John Deere is still running and how long has it been since ethanol was mixed in our fuel?

Regardless, I'm glad you are at least recycling.

Originally Posted By: JeepWJ19
Am I the only one who has had 0 problems with ethanol in fuel? Heck my grandpa's mid 70s John Deere is still running and how long has it been since ethanol was mixed in our fuel?

Regardless, I'm glad you are at least recycling.

I really don’t have issues with ethanol. My lawnmower is ten years old with no issues. Just trying something different. So far so good.

What's the point of this?
We've had nothing other than E10 here for the past twenty years and I've never seen a problem with any OPE.
If E10 isn't a problem, then why go to heroic measures to solve a problem that doesn't exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back