Pretty disappointed in Sonic

Millions of Americans wait in long lines every single day for really bad fast food. How sad is that. The senior leadership of fast-food chains will be jetting off to ski in Vail and the likes this Christmas in private jets with personal chefs- as a financial result of their leading an organization that sells nasty processed food.
I never really thought about these CEOs having private chefs and vacationing in Vail. The government should ban such things!

Scott

Commentary is there is huge financial rewards to selling a junk product in mass. Nothing more to read into it.

Had a wonderful dinner last night with my bride at a very small Italian restaurant in Lacey, WA. My Wife asked is there a shortage of chefs, why not more places like this. My response is there are massive amounts of great cook/ chefs in the USA. They just can't leave their desk job at XYZ corporation and open their own restaurant because they can't afford the health insurance premiums that sole proprietors are subject to.

BTW- if ever in the Olympia, WA area- check out this place. Not expensive, but reservations as must:
Don't know about Chef's - but I know lots of people that owned their own thing and ended up going back to corporate America for health insurance. Sure, if your making a million a year it doesn't matter, but with the public plans cost plus deductible - if you happen to have any kind of medical needs your out of pocket will likely be 20 - 30K per year.

I wouldn't work for the small company i work for if my wife wasn't a teacher. If I couldn't be on her plan it would make more sense for me to go make the same money at a bigger company with a group package.

Its not the only reason, but its just one more. Why do you think all the big companies were for the current health care model.

• Helpful
Reactions: GON
I never really thought about these CEOs having private chefs and vacationing in Vail. The government should ban such things!

Scott
Scott,

No- I poorly wrote my reply. The center of gravity is while people wait daily in line at the fast-food dive through, the endgame is lavish rewards for the senior executives of those giant fast-food chains. Nothing more or deeper meant by post.

They taste extruded - no texture - so I assumed they were. If there not I apologize and defer to the experts. Based on taste and texture, if they are real potatoes they found a way to screw even that up :)

You might be thinking of Burger King. They went to that secret coating a number of years back that supposedly makes their fries crispier. It does exactly that while their hot right out of the cooker but wait ten minutes and they leave a filmy coating in your mouth.

I do not know how the fast [food] chains get away withn calling their products [food]

We don't have a Sonic here but for some reason the locals want one here. I don't get our fascination with mainland food chains here when we have hundreds of local restaurants here.
Younhaven't missed much Sonic quality is below the worst fast food chain .

Back