Prestone specific coolants for Toyota, Honda, Euro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Crispysea
AAP has these in gallon jugs of 50/50, the same price as the all makes version. It’s way cheaper than the Pentofrost they have in the back.

The intent of the images was to show that all have 2-eha, and they all look to be the identical chemistry.

Is pentofrost the identical chemistry to dex cool or some other fluid, or is it unique to the make/spec?

At the end of the day, OE AF just isnt that expensive to justify using anything else, IMO.

G-05 and potentially actual dex cool are the possible exceptions to this.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
The intent of the images was to show that all have 2-eha, and they all look to be the identical chemistry.

I bet those 3 jugs have the same (All Makes) formula in the bottle but have different labels to look like there vehicle specific.

Quote:
...The intent of the images was to show that all have 2-eha, and they all look to be the identical chemistry.

Good see the topic confirmation evidence of 2eha in these Prestone "specific" coolants. As noted, for the Prestone Toyota red, Honda blue AF, they are no-go for me. No 2eha in the OEM Asian Phoats. For Euro, if interested I'd check to confirm oem uses it.

I have no problem with identical chemistry such as Pep Boys OEM brand concentrate Asian PHOAT with tint to match oem. Or ZAF red or blue tint and WM Valvoline Asian(same as ZAF) PHOAT, no 2eha. I'd use any of those in Asian applications with confidence.

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
Quote:
...The intent of the images was to show that all have 2-eha, and they all look to be the identical chemistry.

Good see the topic confirmation evidence of 2eha in these Prestone "specific" coolants. As noted, for the Prestone Toyota red, Honda blue AF, they are no-go for me. No 2eha in the OEM Asian Phoats. For Euro, if interested I'd check to confirm oem uses it.

I have no problem with identical chemistry such as Pep Boys OEM brand concentrate Asian PHOAT with tint to match oem. Or ZAF red or blue tint and WM Valvoline Asian(same as ZAF) PHOAT, no 2eha. I'd use any of those in Asian applications with confidence.

I was curious about the valvoline color matched coolants in WM. Think they had red and blue Asian.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
...I was curious about the valvoline color matched coolants in WM. Think they had red and blue Asian.

WM Valvoline Asian AF been discussed often on this subforum since it's intro. Consensus, same as Zerex Asian Formula with a generally less expensive price point. Blue tint added recently, haven't seen it locally yet. I'd use it or ZAF with confidence in Asian applications. Here's one thread with jug pics not wiped out by photobucket scam.

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4199857/Are_these_two_Zerex_Asian_the_

Finally seen at local WM, blue tint (Honda/Acura/Nissan) Valvoline Asian Vehicle AF @$11.97. Very good price and readily available now. Hope they keep stocking it.

And all time I'm looking at the topic Prestone in thread didn't pay attention that it's only a half gallon container. Duh. So besides Prestone using 2eha, it's more expensive than true Asian PHOAT AF VAV.

Finally seen at local WM Valvoline Asian Vehicle AF

I wonder why Valvoline/Zerex decided to start selling both.

Not sure I understand the question as it omits the specific "blue tint (Honda/Acura/Nissan)" portion in the quote, which not seen at local WM. Previously just the red tint (Toyota) available.

Whatever the reason for selling VAV/Zerex Tech at WM, happy to see the blue tint now available here.

I found the Prestone labeling to be confusing. I couldn't figure out what coolant for my Hyundai, and their Hyundai/Kia coolant did not look to be the correct color.

On my Toyota I have just purchased Pentofrost, and ended up doing the same to top off my Hyundai.

Originally Posted By: Warstud
Finally seen at local WM Valvoline Asian Vehicle AF

I wonder why Valvoline/Zerex decided to start selling both.

Price matching reasons. It's why the oil companies sell to O'Reilly and AutoZone 5.1 quart jugs of oil, while WM gets 5 quart ones. Can't price match apples to oranges. That extra 16oz does make all the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back