Prestone GM vehicles in FCA products?

I snagged up a little dart for 3k it has a p0128 code and it runs at about 180 degrees. Maybe a tick low? Either way the prestone dexcool jug says compatible with Chrysler 13 and up. It says Its an oat and it is orange our 13 grand caravan has orange coolant but the darts looks purple..... Thoughts? It's a little confusing.

I think they're still similar in formulation and both OAT.

Another option is a yellow/gold coolant that won't change the color that's already in there. Prestone Cor-Guard should work for your FCA cars :)

Mopar Purple = Paraflu UP = one of many early OATs = basically Dexcool

the majority of fiat cars on the road are not driving around on factory petronas paraflu coolant, they get filled with generic red coolant and life goes on.

early darts actually left the factory with red colored paraflu, mopar purple is purple to not be confused with the orange.

the short answer is yes

Last edited:
I think this is what you should be using but verify. It is MS-12106 Concentrate which will give you 2 gallons for around $11

First off that's a very reasonable price so no reason not to use that if its what your vehicle specs.

Second I think its interesting that the description says "Safe for all radiators and all gas/diesel engines" which sure sounds a lot like "All makes/all models"

First off that's a very reasonable price so no reason not to use that if its what your vehicle specs.
$23/gallon for a decades old formula, it’s horrific value for money. spend just 1 dollar more and you can go to the VW dealer and get the latest coolant technology.

Last edited:
$23/gallon for a decades old formula, it’s horrific value for money. spend just 1 dollar more and you can go to the VW dealer and get the latest coolant technology.
What makes the VW coolant better ? The Mopar coolant is good for 10 yrs/150,000 miles.

Back