Pre- assembled steering Knuckle?

I am looking at buying a pre-assembled steering knuckle with the bearing already installed by Moog, my question is, is the bearing already pre greased or should I grease the bearing before installing the complete knuckle on my car?
2F235106-BB56-439E-8543-FAFA60356058.jpeg

They come ready to install as is.. The bearing should be a sealed unit.

Is there any reason you can't save the old knuckle and have someone remove / press a bearing in? Would probably save some money.

That’s the problem. That’s what I originally wanted to do but I live in a royal area and we have two mechanic shops I asked them if they could take out the old bearing and put the new one in but they both said it’s a liability issue and they would have to do the entire bearing job. So I instead opted to just buy the whole steering knuckle complete.

That’s the problem. That’s what I originally wanted to do but I live in a royal area and we have two mechanic shops I asked them if they could take out the old bearing and put the new one in but they both said it’s a liability issue and they would have to do the entire bearing job. So I instead opted to just buy the whole steering knuckle complete.
Wow! Any BITOG'ers around you willing to help?

Contact local 4x4 or hot rod clubs?

Actually, try calling machine shops. If you need something pressed in or out, machine shops can do it unless you've gotta have an automotive specific set of cups for this application?

I have had to use these a few times on cars the front shock goes in the strut tube and the tube is rotted. Not bad, they held up and aligned okay, not a bad way to go if you absolutely cannot get it pressed.

What about Napa or a machine shop?

Back