PQIA finds three more bad oils in Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Midwest seems to be a hot bed for these deceptive oils. In my opinion, probably the same group of clowns behind the proliferation of brands.

Chicago Oils

Interesting that one calls itself "Supertech Motor Oil"! I'm sure Walmart won't appreciate that one.

Tom NJ

Thanks for the testing! That MAG 5 is pretty deceptive looking, using the same blue and red lettering on a silver bottle, and similar name to Mag 1.

Originally Posted By: EdwardC
Thanks for the testing! That MAG 5 is pretty deceptive looking, using the same blue and red lettering on a silver bottle, and similar name to Mag 1.

Only its 4 more than Mag 1, so it must be better.

That Rev 360 stuff is a wonder: it's only additive appears to be sand (silicon). And the KV100 is less than half of the low limit for the SAE 8 grade.

MAG 5 STAR GO WITH A WINNER. Now proudly made in the USA from recycled oil*

*filtered with 100% virgin cheesecloth.

Originally Posted By: A_Harman

Only its 4 more than Mag 1, so it must be better.

Have they tested Mobil 2 yet??

I wonder if this stuff tends to be well used motor oil, byproducts from refining crude with no detergents added, or...??? Maybe some used cooking oil thrown in there...

They should come around here. Every dollar store and gas station sells atleast one junk oil like these. Ive actually seen the 360 whatever before.

Originally Posted By: Tom NJ
Interesting that one calls itself "Supertech Motor Oil"! I'm sure Walmart won't appreciate that one.

The company leadership had better pray that Walmart doesn't find out.

I wonder how hard it is to actually find out where these things are being produced? You would think some reporters would go to those "plants"..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back