PQIA finds more bad oils in Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG!

shocked.gif

Also just noticed that the one product the Super XXX Platinum carries an actual API SM resource conserving seal when in fact it's just as dangerous as the other two!

Making it even harder for consumers when you can teach them about api seals then companies will just slap it on any bathtub swill anyway

Doesn't surprise me. Chicago seems to have a Family Dollar or Dollar General on every corner in the inner city. I think most people who shop there for oil are just topping up their oil burners.

Illinois needs shut these guys down immediately and pull this [censored] off the shelves.

I'm thinking jail time in order for the owners of Orion and Chi Town.... Not going to call them 'lubricants' used in their names for obvious reasons.

How do these guys live with themselves. Con men.

Thanks Tom.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Also just noticed that the one product the Super XXX Platinum carries an actual API SM resource conserving seal when in fact it's just as dangerous as the other two!

Making it even harder for consumers when you can teach them about api seals then companies will just slap it on any bathtub swill anyway

The API Service Symbol (Donut) is trademarked and the API is fast to pursue violators. They have filed suit against several manufacturers for brands exposed by PQIA in the past few years. I'm sure they will be on this one soon.

Tom NJ

Originally Posted By: EdwardC
Wow. I bet my used oil measures better than that stuff!

Probably 100X better.

Silicon at 3000 ppm! VOA TBN's at
Not even good for your sewing machine.

FYI, DG sells a store brand oil labeled honestly as meeting API SF.
They don't sell any of the awful stuff referenced in the thread opener.

Originally Posted By: EdwardC
Wow. I bet my used oil measures better than that stuff!

any day of the week I would choose the used oil from anyone on here over those oils!

I think these are like those oils you find at gas stations, unknown brands that are only used in emergencies, even BAD oil is better than NO oil!!!

Originally Posted By: Vern_in_IL
even BAD oil is better than NO oil!!!

I wouldn't put that oil in an engine that was 2 or 3 quarts low.

Originally Posted By: wemay
Great Work Tom NJ. Incredible...

Tom Glenn, a long time friend and President and founder of PQIA, deserves the credit. I am just an Advisor to PQIA.

Tom NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back