PQIA finds more bad oils in Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Tom NJ
You may need a barf bag to read these labels and test results:

Chicago Oils

Tom NJ

Dude, go top shelf there is no excuse not to. These rebates and sales are all you need to acquire full synthetic and more importantly, CERTIFIED oil.

Super Platinum 5w30 looks like someone mixed some WD40 with used air compressor oil in their garage, then slapped a fancy label on it

I've seen many City Star Quarts that are labeled "for cars before 1985" in 7-11/gas stations. The company is out of Gary, IN. These folks should be held criminally responsible.

I poked around a bit online and suspect that both companies involved are already out of business. They probably make up a batch of this swill, sell it to the convenience stores, and then fold up shop and make themselves scarce.

I think that rebates are not going to be very helpful to the folks who are likely to buy this kind of "oil". If you only have a few bucks in your pocket, how are you going to fork out more than you have for the good stuff with the idea of getting some of your money back in 6 weeks or whatever?
Honestly, they would be much better off using most any normally used oil than this garbage. Go to a transfer station and ask somebody about to dump out 5 quarts of used M1 if you can have it, instead!

The state of California just banned the sale of obsolete motor oils. I would be nice if this is adopted by all the states.

Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
I poked around a bit online and suspect that both companies involved are already out of business. They probably make up a batch of this swill, sell it to the convenience stores, and then fold up shop and make themselves scarce.

Yes, and then appear again under another name selling similar swill. It doesn't seem to end. And yes, I'd rather go to the pits of the oil change place and use their refuse ahead of this stuff.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back