PPPP 5W30 D1 Gen2 or M1 10W30 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ChrisD46
GDI engine with non - turbo in Georgia : Last year I ran M1 10W30 with no issues in the summer ... Nice low NOACK , on the thin side of a 30W and a solid performer.
During the winter I ran the PPPP 5W30 D1 Gen 2 oil also ran with no issues ... M1 is currently on rollback at WM so I'm thinking of running M1 5W30 for my summer fill and switching over to the PPPP 5W30 D1 Gen 2 for the winter . Conversely , I could just run one or the other all year long (Georgia) - the main interest for me with the PPPP 5W30 D1 Gen 2 is with the improved timing chain protection - all the other specs the M1 10W30 probably meets anyway (LSPI , etc.) which again I don't have a turbo in my GDI engine ... Your thoughts on what you would run ?
What dos NOACK have to do with anything?

Originally Posted By: CT8
Originally Posted By: ChrisD46
GDI engine with non - turbo in Georgia : Last year I ran M1 10W30 with no issues in the summer ... Nice low NOACK , on the thin side of a 30W and a solid performer.
During the winter I ran the PPPP 5W30 D1 Gen 2 oil also ran with no issues ... M1 is currently on rollback at WM so I'm thinking of running M1 5W30 for my summer fill and switching over to the PPPP 5W30 D1 Gen 2 for the winter . Conversely , I could just run one or the other all year long (Georgia) - the main interest for me with the PPPP 5W30 D1 Gen 2 is with the improved timing chain protection - all the other specs the M1 10W30 probably meets anyway (LSPI , etc.) which again I don't have a turbo in my GDI engine ... Your thoughts on what you would run ?
What dos NOACK have to do with anything?
** Less oil vapors / evaporation through PCV , etc. would supposedly mean less deposits on intake valves .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back