PP vs PU pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was at Wallyworld today. They still selling PU at mine but still looks like it don't sell much. (always fully stocked and covered with dust). It's right next to the PP stash which was more than half gone. PP 5 quart jug 23.50. PU 25.00. For most folks they look exactly the same and seem to say about the same thing. Yes, I know.
18.gif
lol.gif

Don't know, I think most folks just thing it's the same oil. Both next to each other. Both gray jugs that look very similar. Both emphasize 40% plus super duper hyper cleansing.
lol.gif

But you're right. An extra 30 cents a quart is a no brainer.

Is PU really better than PP or we just bought the marketing hype here at BITOG. I know they advertise heavily here and it is the latest oil from Penz. Is there actually a difference and superiority in the ingredient?

According to SOPUS, the add packs are better on PU. Besides, would you rather use an oil that went from $20.50 to $23.50 or an oil that went from $28 to $25?

In Canada the price difference is even less, they've now got Platinum in the new 5L jugs for $35.97, while Ultra is $36.88. For less than a dollar more per jug it makes sense to choose Ultra up here!

I'd give it a try if they offered it in a 0W20, or even a 0W30. But they don't as of yet, a mistake IMO.

still to this day i have never seen a 5 quart jug of PU. the only thing my wal mart has is individual quarts, and it barely sells those. this is my reasoning for sticking with PP.

however if given the option, i probably would spend $3-4 more for a jug of PU.

I feel like I got suckered in on the PU. Was spending $18 per jug on PP then it has climbed up to $23.50 while PU has come down to $25. bought the PU but I would like to get back to about $18 but prices are up across the board. Probably shopping for a new oil next time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back