PP Euro 5W40 - Different Data per Country?

Hey, Hope you are all doing well. I poured some PP Euro into the Mercedes, (5w40) and was wondering what specs it holds. I mean if it meets 229.5, A40 and LL-01, who am I to complain? But I just wanted details. I was wondering as to why the physical characteristics data sheet was different for Canada and the U.S for the same type of oil. Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

Attachments

• Can.JPG
    Can.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 81
  • US.JPG
    US.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 82
Hey, Hope you are all doing well. I poured some PP Euro into the Mercedes, (5w40) and was wondering what specs it holds. I mean if it meets 229.5, A40 and LL-01, who am I to complain? But I just wanted details. I was wondering as to why the physical characteristics data sheet was different for Canada and the U.S for the same type of oil. Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.
What items in that analysis listing tell you if one is better than another in terms of the approvals?

What items in that analysis listing tell you if one is better than another in terms of the approvals?

Hey kschachn, I was looking at the difference in pour point more so than anything else as the difference in flashpoints and everything else is pretty minimal. What results in such a difference in a pour point? Does it have something do do with base oils? Just trying to learn here and reduce irrelevant information for myself. Thanks in advance for the help.

Looks like older data, from an interim version perhaps. These -36°C e.g. can still be seen for the Shell Helix Ultra in our PDS without looking quite right, while the latest MSDS now lists -45°C.
You also seem to have a choice for your PP Euro in Canada: PDS from May 19th in French says -45°C and PDS from May 25th in English says -40°C. Both MSDS from May have it at -45°C again.

There must be an SN++ then ;-)
No, should have been faulty data for quite some time now.

Screenshot 2020-09-28 212359.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Screenshot 2020-09-28 212507.jpg

And this is why I enjoy this forum. Thanks for all the contributions and insight everyone, it’s greatly appreciated.

Back