PP Euro 5w40, 2014 VW Jetta 1.8T, 8250 mi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my UOA back from the Pennzoil UOA program. Blackstone says this is my first report, but it's not. My previous one was using the dealer Castrol Edge 5w40.

This car is usually used for my work commute so it's 90% highway miles. Mostly 30 mile trips each way. This time, I did have a trip where I visited the mountains of North Carolina and Virginia though.

The results are almost identical to my previous UOA. Wear metals went down slightly, but could be attributed to less break-in material in the engine now. This engine seems to shear oil like nobody's business.

I was surprised by the fuel in the oil. My last UOA had only a trace amount, and I did this oil change right after a 30 mile trip home from work.

Anyway, here it is:

jetta-uoa-20160701.PNG

Wear rates are good.
Oils appear still serviceable, though viscosity drops.
I'm beginning to ponder it's shear-thinning, rather than fuel contamination %, that is the culprit for the KV@100*C drop ..though others may differ.
blush.gif

Yes very similar to the Castrol UOA. Both oils look to be doing a good job.

This PP Euro 5W-40 is the new GTL stuff correct? Probably the same or very similar oil as the Shell Helix Ultra 5W-40.

Originally Posted By: SR5
Yes very similar to the Castrol UOA. Both oils look to be doing a good job.

This PP Euro 5W-40 is the new GTL stuff correct? Probably the same or very similar oil as the Shell Helix Ultra 5W-40.

Yes, it is GTL.

As for fuel dilution, I would think I would have almost none since I do virtually no idling, no short trips, and took the sample with the engine hot.
smile.gif

The wider the visc spread the more the shear as the Vi get torn apart or fail .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back