PP 5w20, 6k miles, 2015 ram 1500 5.7 V8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a lot of short frequent trips on this change. My commute is only 5 minutes each way. I live in an urban area. I did go on a couple of long trips, however. I also did some towing and hauling. I'm impressed with the wear numbers.

Filter was a Wix XP.

OilReports.png

Nice numbers, but is it the oil or is the engine a good wearing engine? I used to work in fleet maintenance and we has over 300 of one type of fork lift. some at 30,000 hours ran great and others had stinky exhaust. They were all maintained equally with the same oil,Delo 400 of the day.

Before a certain member can come in here and tell you that you must run a 12 to $15 per quart Boutique oil or your camshaft will fail nearly immediately, this is an excellent report on a readily-available oil. Thanks for sharing! What oil and filter did you put back in and on?

Originally Posted by FlyNavyP3
Before a certain member can come in here and tell you that you must run a 12 to $15 per quart Boutique oil or your camshaft will fail nearly immediately, this is an excellent report on a readily-available oil. Thanks for sharing! What oil and filter did you put back in and on?

Same oil, filter is a Purolator Boss.

Originally Posted by CT8
Nice numbers, but is it the oil or is the engine a good wearing engine? I used to work in fleet maintenance and we has over 300 of one type of fork lift. some at 30,000 hours ran great and others had stinky exhaust. They were all maintained equally with the same oil,Delo 400 of the day.

I'm not sure. Any way to tell other than trying a new oil?

Because 0W20s most always use 2-3 times the amount of POA in 0W20, versus that of 5W20, if this were my vehicle and I remained adamant on using 20w oils, I would be using a name brand 0W20 in this Hemi.

That is strictly me thou and I respect your decision and choice here.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Because 0W20s most always use 2-3 times the amount of POA in 0W20, versus that of 5W20, if this were my vehicle and I remained adamant on using 20w oils, I would be using a name brand 0W20 in this Hemi.

That is strictly me thou and I respect your decision and choice here.

Never thought to run a 0 weight since I live in Florida. What's the benefit?

Originally Posted by dave1251
Looks great did your iOLM tell you to change it?

No, it had about 25 or 30 percent left.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by fijicorey

You can follow it this lube has more than 30% of useful life left.

Originally Posted by fijicorey

You can follow it this lube has more than 30% of useful life left.

I think I will next time. I'm just paranoid with running longer than 5K OCI but two great reports in a row have changed my mind. I'm going to stick with Pennzoil Platinum as well...mostly because I have more of it to use.

Pennzoil usually performs well in UOAs. I've used the 0w20 flavor myself mainly due to the nice $10 rebates on a Walmart jug.
Also, notice your use of Platinum here exceeds the minimum Chrysler spec. They say you can use lowly conventional 5w20 here. That means you can comfortably go to the full oil change interval from the OLM and/or Owner's Manual recommendation with confidence.

Originally Posted by oil_film_movies
Pennzoil usually performs well in UOAs. I've used the 0w20 flavor myself mainly due to the nice $10 rebates on a Walmart jug.
Also, notice your use of Platinum here exceeds the minimum Chrysler spec. They say you can use lowly conventional 5w20 here. That means you can comfortably go to the full oil change interval from the OLM and/or Owner's Manual recommendation with confidence.

I bought thru Amazon using the rebates last year. I stocked up on a few 5 qt jugs. I'm on my last two so I'm waiting for the rebate to pop up again to buy.

I have no interest in using conventional when full synthetic is marginally more expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back