PP 5w-30 strike-out

Status
Not open for further replies.
I been using PP 5w-30 in my DD. So this morning went to 3 AZ's to get a jug and all 3 didn't have the ol PP I been using.
They did have some new jug stuff but all were 10-30. So on the 3rd stop I settled for the PYB 5-30, and figured it would be okay since I been doing 5k OCI's for a DI engine.

I should have stashed up on the ol PP 5w-30 jugs - grrrrr live & learn.
Other thing, one of the AZ I most frequent shrunk the size of shelf space for oil. Seems they now carry less oil.

32.gif
If it's a Hyundai/Kia d.i., you can use the 10w30. It has the lowest Noack of the GTL Pennzoil Platinum line as well.

But, i'm sure PYB will be fine at 5k miles. I have some in my stash that may be used soon as well (for the 2.4).

Last edited:
if he actually lives in the fruit and nut area of the state, maybe auto parts stores are few and far between.

If he lives in the "fruit" and "nut" land as you put it, yea we have everything everybody else has. Kragen/O'Reilly, pepboys, autozone, napa, walmart, target. All except for AdvancedAuto.

Or Hardees for that matter, w t f is a Hardees, it's carl's jr!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: rshaw125
California = fruit and nut land. All of it.

Why the Hating for California, and those that live there may take offense to what your saying? Like saying in NC your hickville NASCAR loving, "IF YOU WERE A REDNECK" jokes may be offensive?

Not cool in my book.

Anywayz, sorry OP for getting off point, but some people.
spankme2.gif

Jeff

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Jeffs2006EvoIX
Originally Posted By: rshaw125
California = fruit and nut land. All of it.

Why the Hating for California, and those that live there may take offense to what your saying? Like saying in NC your hickville NASCAR loving, "IF YOU WERE A REDNECK" jokes may be offensive?

Not cool in my book.

Anywayz, sorry OP for getting off point, but some people.
spankme2.gif

Jeff

You took the bait. Hook line and sinker. Just having a little joke on a Friday.
As for talking about NC say what you want it won't bother me.

Last edited:
Just saying "I took the bait" says it all.

I didn't take offense to it, we all can make fun of whatever we want is what makes this country so great. California is F*cked up no joke. Place s u c k s in many ways. But I dont say stuff on online forums about it.

Be cool to just stick to oil stuff and what not. Its why we are all here, right? Who cares who is from where?

Jeff

I visited the LA area on a long weekend in 2006 becase I was considering taking a job there. I loved the mild weather, but the real estate prices just made it impossible for me to consider living there.

But anyway, back OT:
You should have gone for the 10w30 PP. In California, the 10w part of it would not be a problem.

If you don't like LA real estate prices you'd be shocked at Toronto prices that are approaching a million bucks for a nice detached and two car garage.

I think the OP made a good choice sticking with the 5W-30 grade (no company spec's the obsolete 10W-30 grade anymore). Since SOPUS is swimming in GTL oil there's a good chance the PYB 5W-30
may be synthetic anyway, their 5W-20 is.

Real estate prices, fruits and nuts and PP grade availability.
See the similarity?
I don't.
Anyway, online ordering from either AZ or anybody else is your friend in this case, as is calling ahead or just holding your nose and visiting a Walmart.
PP 5W-30 isn't all that hard to come by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back