PP 5w-20 / 9660 mi on Oil / 2006 Charger 5.7L

7 Qts of Pennzoil Plat Wix Filter 90,000 Miles on Car 9,660 Miles on this oil sample I drive moderately steady with the occasional hard acceleration. Mostly highway miles in the New York - New Jersey Metro area. I have been using Pennzoil Plat 5w-20 and Wix Filters for the last 9 oil changes. I really like PP and wix. I think it's a good combo.

Thats a pretty good UOA, I'd definitly follow through with the 11k. A TBN of 3+ is a pretty good margin. Good numbers all around and one nice running engine.

Nice consistency. Sure, you can go to 12k, but I'd keep it at 10k, just to have a nice round odo number to work with - 90k, 100k...etc....

I know this sounds crazy with the great results you're getting, but have you ever though of trying a much heavier oil to see what difference it might make? A person on here had a Hemi Charger that they drove and raced really, really hard. They used DEO 5W-40 on Pablo's advice, and got good results with it. Now, it doesn't seem that you drive yours that hard, so this may be pointless; I'm just wondering if you ever considered another grade.

Last edited:

2006_Charger_R/T

Originally Posted By: addyguy
I know this sounds crazy with the great results you're getting, but have you ever though of trying a much heavier oil to see what difference it might make? A person on here had a Hemi Charger that they drove and raced really, really hard. They used DEO 5W-40 on Pablo's advice, and got good results with it. Now, it doesn't seem that you drive yours that hard, so this may be pointless; I'm just wondering if you ever considered another grade.
My car's engine has a cylinder shut off system which shuts off 4 of the 8 cylinders at cruising speeds. Chrysler calls it MDS. To operate properly, they say to use 5w-20. Don't ask me why... I'm just using whatever weight oil they require. I don't want to screw with it.