Powerservice Diesel Lube Oil Extender

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I noticed walmart has Diesel Lube Oil Extender, made by powerservice. Anyone know what this is or if it's any good? Looks like a gallon of it treats a LOT of oil. Any ideas what it might be?

--Matt

http://www.powerservice.com/diesellube_oilextender.asp

quote:

Diesel Lube Oil Extender replaces the additives in diesel engine oil to provide the extra protection required between engine oil changes.

Replaces the detergents, friction-modifiers and anti-wear additives depleted between extended oil changes

Provides extra protection during high-temperature, high-load operations

Protects against thermal and viscosity breakdown

Reduces valve and piston-ring sticking - decreases oil consumption

Disperses soot to reduce sludge formation in engine oil

Reduces engine wear during cold starts

Does not contain any alcohol of any kind

One 32-ounce (one quart) container of Diesel Lube Oil Extender replaces one quart of engine oil and is capable of treating up to 15-quart crankcase capacity.

One 96-ounce (three quarts) container of Diesel Lube Oil Extender replaces three quarts of engine oil and is capable of treating up to 45-quart crankcase capacity.

Add Diesel Lube Oil Extender at oil change or when oil level is down, as make-up oil.

In my opinion, if you use a high quality full synthetic diesel oil you won't need to resort to "oil extenders".

I have to use dino synthetic for awhile as Cummins advises against synthetics until after 20,000 miles. Would this product be a good one to use with dino oil. I will follow Cummins suggested 7500 mile oil change.

maybee I should buy some of this stuff and get it analyzed. It could be something useful...

--Matt

Tex,
Don't waste your money on any additives unless you've read here that our usual skeptical folks are finding good results from the stuff. Just about all the products made to add to oil do two things...separate you from your money and make the oil perform less well.

Buy top quality oil instead of additives. If you want to use an oil that is good for a low mileage engine and offers all the benefits of a full synthetic, use the Schaeffer synthetic blend. It is specifically recommded by Schaeffer's chief chemist for break in use as well as long-term use.

Ken

The extender does contain ZDDP in up to a 10% concentration as well as 50-60% paraffinic oil and 30-40% organic detergents,dispersants and corrosion inhibitors. Propietary mixture of course....

HTH

Tony

Since most oils contain .1 - .15% ZDDP I would be interested to know if it really contains 10%.

There is an excellent article on additives and aeration on this web page. I highy recommend you read it before adding any additives.

JohnC

Don't waste your money?????

Of course do so. How else can we keep this website going without opinions from users of this product and others?
A VOA would be nice.
UOAs with/without it in the same engine would be interesting.

Its funny the comments made against an additive that noone has tried. Since everyone here is biased, I should just start quoting people in other threads when pushing other brands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back