Power Washing Question

Planning to power wash vinyl siding of a 3-level house. Is there any special extension or part I need or ladder should be good?

I have an electric power washer as well as Honda horizontal and vertical ones - any idea if a light duty electric one would be good for the project? Thank you for the help and tips :)

What you really need is a simple gas-powered pressure washer that you can apply a bleach+small amount of vinegar+tiny bit of dish soap solution to the siding with (vinegar optional). Don't just try and blast everything off the siding with water pressure alone. Depending on the power of the washer you MIGHT be able to get by with one of those second story nozzle kits from Lowes/Amazon/etc. From homeowner class pressure washers I've used in the past the "wash" nozzle those come with are usually good for 20-30 additional feet of reach. The rinse nozzle goes farther but it won't apply chemicals if your pressure washer has a siphon-style chemical feed.

I used to have a telescoping wand extension like this one and it worked great but ended up just using a step ladder whenever the second story nozzles weren't enough.

Remember that vinyl siding is HUNG loosely. climbing ladders leaning against it may cause the lines to become wavy looking. If it was mine i would use chemicals to do the cleaning from a distance and c all it a day. it is not strong like a wood deck you can blast off with pure pressure so take it easy.

Last time i did something similar i used a truck with ladder rack to make a platform on top. move the truck along the house to get some pressure onto the top story without touching the siding.

I would advise against using a pressure washer while on a ladder, especially an extension ladder.

The force of the pressure washer wand can send you falling off the ladder.

Use a telescoping wand. It will strengthen your arms lol.

Procure a surface cleaning attachment. The job will be much easier. It will take less time, and you won't have to climb nearly as high to get the wand at the correct angle to clean the surface.

What I am planning to do is use some chemical cleaners using garden sprayer, along with a brush to scrub it - then use power washer wand without power washer running to clean it up.

Thank you everyone for the help.

Back