Power Washer Soap Solution

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a deck that is grey and needs a powerwashing badly.

What solution(s) should I use?
Do I need to use a bleach/brightener as well? Will it kill my trees?

Then I want a toner or oil stain...is Sherwin Williams or Pennofin the right ones?

Also, what solution would be good to powerwash equiptment such as tractors? Could you use Dawn and water through the entrainment tube?

Thanks.

I've used Jomax solution with good results, mix as directed. Make sure you wet down the surrounding grass and shrubs with the hose before you start. Any good deck stain with a cedar toner is fine, Cabott's makes some nice stains. I prefer an oil deck stain. Watch the weather and make sure you have a few good days for the deck to dry out, I would also suggest you wait until the temps stay in the mid 50's before applying the stain.

You want a transparent oil deck stain, solid stain looks like paint!

As crazy as it sounds, i used store brand ammonia. pored it on the deck, let it sit for like 10 mins, and power wash off. Cleans really well. It may kill grass, but i dont see it killing large trees.

Now I see bleaches and brighteners to remove blotches on wood.

Looks like a pita.

What's the best tools to use to stain a deck? Sprayer? Ro;;er etc?

Originally Posted By: benjamming
What material is the deck? Wood or recycled milk jugs & newspapers pressed to look like wood?

Solid Ceder Wood

Cabot semi-solid stain has lasted 5 years for me -- in very extreme conditions (no shade, SW sun, snow, ice, etc.). It still doesn't look horrible.

Cabot stain is GTG, they make a nice stain with Cedar Toner in it. As far as applying it, you can spray it on from a pump sprayer and back roll it. Or just cut it and and roll it. After 30 years of doing it we always seem to go back to the good old brush and roller. They take no time at all to do. Just be sure the deck is dry before you stain it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back