POWER STOP EVOLUTION owners check in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seen some of thes brake pads on ebay for discounted rates. I checked out web site but just had basic info on there. Wanted to know if they are "Made in Usa" pads? Also, how do they perform? Impressions of them compared to other brakes you have used?

I know these pads very well.
They are not made in USA, they are made in China, with Power Stop's materials (of course). Allegedly, Powerstop engineers travel to China frequently to make sure quality is on par. (yeah right).
They are Positive Molded, meaning they are pressed via a 20ton press onto the backing plate vs. being glued on.
the positive molding usually has less glues & resins to bind the material together. They also are pre "burnished" from the factory to help "set" the material. So the pads, new in the plastic wrap look already used. They are not used, they sit under some direct fire for a few minutes to set the material.
Like with Raybestos pads that need to be "bedded". not needed with power stops.
I sell these frequently and have had not one come back.
I also have installed them on my inlaws full size montero all around and they have had no complaints of anything, and believe me, they would be the first to complain.

I installed them on the rear of my saturn relay, and they are performing flawlessly.
Dust wise, they aren't the cleanest pad, but they grip well and handle heat decently.

This is the same company that makes the Power Stop Slotted/Drilled rotors, they added brake pads to their mix because customers were wanting to buy a "complete" brake kit.

My brother got some with the rotors he bought for the denali.
Believe it or not the rotors are holding up fine,no sign or rot going in to their second NE winter.
The pads were a little thinner than the Bendix CT+3 we used.

I gave the Power Stop Evolutions Z16 to a guy i saw buying brakes at AA for free.
Chinese,but seem to be finished decently enough.We didn't use them because they were not really recommended for large SUV's according to their website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back