Power loss in reverse while backing out of my driveway - 2022 Dodge Durango GT Plus AWD - Pentastar V6 - 850RE

• Thread starter Deleted member 89374
  • Start date
Just curious if it’s an electrical issue, bent pin, terminal push out making intermittent connection, bad ground, etc. electrical gremlins are the worst. Working in a plant as management for 15 years in truck assembly you see some stuff. Operators side loading push connections bending pins or not performing their push/pull on made connections creating intermittent issues from not being fully seated was a usual thing.

Have not heard of one doing this. I doubt its a trans issue. If convertor was locked up/sticking, it would lurch and try to move. I wonder on a pinched/rubbed wire somewhere, that is grounded, when motor moves slightly on mounts. In drive, it moves opposite, so thats why fine in drive. . Have seen that many times over the years. I feel for u AND dealer. Hard to repair when it wont act up, but at same time, bad you u as its new.

Were you able to get this resolved?
Yes, kind of. I discovered that it's a software glitch, however, there is not update for it as of yet.

What happens was that I pressed the button on the console to turn off "Eco Mode". Yes, these vehicles default to "Eco Mode". The vehicle remembers this setting even if you turn it off. As soon as I pressed the button again and re-enabled "Eco Mode", I stopped having issues, and never lost power again.

Another interesting thing to note is that after driving it for a while in its default mode, the vehicle learned my driving style and it doesn't shift at low RPMs or try to hold the eight gear for too long.

All in all, it works fine now.

Software glitches are common with FCA vehicles. You should see how many bugs the Dodge Hornet has. ;)

Yes, kind of. I discovered that it's a software glitch, however, there is not update for it as of yet.

What happens was that I pressed the button on the console to turn off "Eco Mode". Yes, these vehicles default to "Eco Mode". The vehicle remembers this setting even if you turn it off. As soon as I pressed the button again and re-enabled "Eco Mode", I stopped having issues, and never lost power again.

Another interesting thing to note is that after driving it for a while in its default mode, the vehicle learned my driving style and it doesn't shift at low RPMs or try to hold the eight gear for too long.

All in all, it works fine now.

Software glitches are common with FCA vehicles. You should see how many bugs the Dodge Hornet has. ;)
Very interesting. Very annoying too I'm sure.

Back