power engine flush

Status
Not open for further replies.
has anyone had an experience with the 'bilstein'
power engine flush? it costs about $ 95 with filter and oil.i've seen them done.impressive to
see what the filter collects.
bob
'00
pont. gtp

Did it twice on a 94 Mazda with lifter noise. Found out it was a bad head gasket that caused the problems, no flush machine could fix that. It ran worse after the second flush. I commented how dark the solution/oil was when it came out. The tech said that it always looked like that. I also had it done under warranty on a Saturn I purchased. Was neglected (oil changes skipped) and had a lot of deposits. It helped some, and it sure flew through emissions testing. I am convinced using Auto-RX is far superior if you want to clean the internals of an engine. Running it in both vehicles right now. They are running better after 500 miles. You could do two treatments of Auto-RX cheaper than the Bilstien flush, especially if you get the oil on sale. I am done Bilstien flushing now that I have found Auto-RX. Maybe I would consider it if there was a contamination issue like antifreeze in the oil, otherwise not.

My buddy just did the GUNK 5 Min one on his Jeep with 167000 miles. He added it, ran it upto temp, idled it for 5-10 mins, drained it and he said it really dumped out the gunk. I kept preaching Auto-RX, but he didnt want to order he wanted to get it local. He said it made one heck of difference. Hope that helps.

Eric

From what I understand Auto RX is a great product. My question, and maybe I am wrong, is you clean out all of the junk and it goes to the oil pan, it comes out when you drain the oil. So far I should be correct. Now, every time I do an oil change, I know I do not get 100% of the oil out, wouldn't this be true with all of the junk in the engine? If some stays in loose in the oil pan won't it be near the oil pump and possibly clog it. Wouldn't the Bilstein method be safer?

when i was a few years younger i had an old 85 caddy eldo that sat for a few years. I did the gunk 5 minute engine flush and i thought all was well until next morning--- blue smoke on startup. And it smoked blue smoke from then on. I wish i knew about auto rx 4 years ago!

quote:

Originally posted by gmayer5454375:
From what I understand Auto RX is a great product. My question, and maybe I am wrong, is you clean out all of the junk and it goes to the oil pan, it comes out when you drain the oil. So far I should be correct. Now, every time I do an oil change, I know I do not get 100% of the oil out, wouldn't this be true with all of the junk in the engine? If some stays in loose in the oil pan won't it be near the oil pump and possibly clog it. Wouldn't the Bilstein method be safer?

My understanding is Auto-RX slowly dissolves and suspends the junk in the engine oil so it can be trapped in the oil filter, not the pick-up screen. I understand your logic. The second Bilstien flush I did was after doing a 5 minute flush with a Gunk product. The dealership thought it might have loosened things up that would clog the pick-up. I choose to flush it to be safe, and hoped to resolve lifter noise and clean the head. The head gasket was clogging the water jacket holes on the exhaust side of the head, baking the oil. So, head removal and rebuild was the only solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back