POULAN 2 STROKE SYNTHETIC OIL TRUE SYNTHETIC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this Poulan 2 stroke synthetic oil a true synthetic ester oil ? does it have the same properties as other clean running 2 stroke synthetic? is it made low ash for air cooled engines? Viscosity at 100C CST: 7.2 , Flash Point: 210F

this seems to be the base stock information: http://www.products.cognis.com/cognis/prodleafR2.nsf/%28$ProductsbyDocID_PL-Header%29/REF678358B496CD18B5C12570C8005673D9/$file/SYNATIVE_ES_2900_E.pdf

not getting much input/ I may have worded this wrong. I'm also interested in trying to figure out what API or JASCO category an oil like this might be. I'm on my third 20oz bottle of this and i feel its a pretty good oil. I'm running it at 32:1 and making plenty of power with it. I'm trying to find out more about it. what i like about it is its synthetic and that should keep the ring clean and free also winter miscibility shouldn't be an issue. availability at Walmart 5.97 everyday low price put it at .31 c an oz. this also doesn't tend to foul plug unless there is extended low speed operation but i could be rich at low speeds also.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dparm
I think that flashpoint is 210C = 410F.

You might be surprised. It seems right to me. Most of the new "low smoke" oils have a shocking low flash point.

Originally Posted By: PE400
Is this Poulan 2 stroke synthetic oil a true synthetic ester oil ? does it have the same properties as other clean running 2 stroke synthetic? is it made low ash for air cooled engines? Viscosity at 100C CST: 7.2 , Flash Point: 210F

I saw this at Wally World also and had a similar question. Most of the manufacturer branded oils had JASO FD or ISO-EGD written in big letters all over, this does not. My gut feeling is that it's good oil, but I didn't buy any.

What are you running it in?
Home Depot and Lowes have certified oils for a little bit more.

I run this in my Yamaha Banshee @ 32:1, also in an air cooled RM80 @ 24:1. Likely next in my Stil MS290 farm boss @ 48:1. Banshee is sort of the reason why I went with this everyone out west uses Klotz or bean oil. Here on the east coast I wouldn't use bean oil at these temps 40 or below. The Banshee also has two cylinders and is very thirsty for fuel. I have switched to this at $.31/oz and seem to be having good luck @ 32:1. Poulan 2T viscosity is comparable to Dino 2 cyl oil. The Dimethyl ester seem to get a lot of praise for its 2 cyl lubrication properties, and seems to be a low ash product for air cooled 2T.

Last edited:
Quote:
You might be surprised. It seems right to me. Most of the new "low smoke" oils have a shocking low flash point.

Why would you want a 2-cycle oil with high flash points, especially for Snowobile and Articat applications.

As long as I don't get pre-ignition, I want as low a flashpoint as is feasable for 2-cycle engines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back