Posterior Nosebleed - You DON'T Want One...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: opus1
Wow. Glad things seem to have settled down.

On the lighter side, a friend of mine told me once that bleeders get priority in the ER. He did sheetmetal work and tended to get cut now and then, and made it a point to not try to stop the bleeding and not be careful where he bled once he was in the doors in order to avoid the wait....
LOL.gif

Loud moaning and screaming ALSO significantly shorten the wait...
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: flacoman
Peroxide works great on hemoglobin and is kinder to fabrics
Just don't ask how I know this

Oh, I can imagine pretty well. I'll probably have to try peroxide next. I waited a tad too long with the distilled water, and there is some remaining staining.

The really tough part is that I also managed to get a heavy slosh of blood directly between the inboard side of the driver's seat and the console, below the seatbelt latch (which is also gummed up with blood). The carpeted area down there is almost impossible to reach. Great -- my car is going to look (and smell) like a homicide scene forever. . .

The peroxide will work even it the stain has set in. I have had a lot of success with removing set in blood stains. Just pour some peroxide on the items and wait a few minutes before washing them in cold water. You can add a little Biz to the wash cycle also. On your car try pouring a little peroxide on the spots you can reach and then blot.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ekpolk
Originally Posted By: flacoman
Peroxide works great on hemoglobin and is kinder to fabrics
Just don't ask how I know this

Oh, I can imagine pretty well. I'll probably have to try peroxide next. I waited a tad too long with the distilled water, and there is some remaining staining.

The really tough part is that I also managed to get a heavy slosh of blood directly between the inboard side of the driver's seat and the console, below the seatbelt latch (which is also gummed up with blood). The carpeted area down there is almost impossible to reach. Great -- my car is going to look (and smell) like a homicide scene forever. . .

It will probably be worth it for you, or someone else, to pull the seats out of your car to get this mess cleaned up. You can make sure all areas of the seat, and the floor underneath it, are cleaned as thoroughly as possible. I don't think you want any blood 'rotting' in the crvices of your car.

I know this sounds gruesome, but maybe there are companies that specialize in cleaning up 'human messes' (murder scenes, etc...) that can help you clean this up the best. Just an idea.....

Originally Posted By: moribundman
For a cleanup, I'd call a cleaner of the caliber of Winston Wolf.

Alas, I was planning on keeping the car for a while.

============================================================

Originally Posted By: addyguy
It will probably be worth it for you, or someone else, to pull the seats out of your car to get this mess cleaned up. You can make sure all areas of the seat, and the floor underneath it, are cleaned as thoroughly as possible. I don't think you want any blood 'rotting' in the crvices of your car.

I know this sounds gruesome, but maybe there are companies that specialize in cleaning up 'human messes' (murder scenes, etc...) that can help you clean this up the best. Just an idea.....

It may well come to that. This weekend I'll take a stab at a more comprehensive at-home clean-up.

Reminds me of a funny moment at work about fifteen years ago when I worked as a public defender. My division partner received a funny gift from a cop (it's not like TV; we're pretty friendly with most cops; all just doin' our jobs). They had crossed paths on a case that involved a corpse that had -- ummmm -- been ripening for a while. The gift was a bottle of thick, dark purple liquid that had some catchy name like "Corpse Away" or something similar. Meant, of course, to neutralize that very special fragrance. Perhaps in Florida, with a black car, the decomposing process won't take too long.

Silly Question: Will your car insurance take care of the cleanup? (minus deductable, of course)

Anyway, get better soon, and spend some good time with your new puppy!
thumbsup2.gif

The article you cited really didn't posit any reasons or explanations for what typically can cause this problem. Have you any suspicions or theories yet regarding why it happened to you?

Originally Posted By: Cogito
The article you cited really didn't posit any reasons or explanations for what typically can cause this problem. Have you any suspicions or theories yet regarding why it happened to you?

No, not really. High BP is not a factor for me, so it's most probably something else, unless I had an odd-ball pressure spike (which I don't suspect, since I was simply walking into a grocery store). When the doc looked at me the other day, my nasal cavity was still such a mess he couldn't really see anything. I go back on 6/9 for a full "borescoping". Gee, can't wait for that. . . I'll let y'all know what happens.

The peroxide worked wonders for making the rest of the stubborn bulk blood vanish -- at least from sight. Unfortunately, though it now looks clean (for the most part...), what's left lurking is no longer "lurking" -- it's ROTTING! I've taken to parking my BLACK Camry in the sun to accelerate the decomposition process as much as possible. I've also emptied a bottle or two of Febreeze, Lysol, and some citrus spray stuff in there, and it still smells like I have a rotting corpse tucked away somewhere. Ewwwwww. My only hope is that it all MUST rot away before too long -- right????

I heard about this but cannot confirm that it works. I don't think it could hurt, though. Get a roasting pan and some plain charcoal briquettes. Place the briquettes in the pan and put the pan in the backseat - the charcoal will (in theory, at least) help absorb some of the smell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back