post your tire pressures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ProStreetCamaro
HEHE he must not have noticed my name. I just switched from hoosier quick time pro 29-14.50-15 to Mickey Thompson 325-50-15 drag radials yesterday. Should have a chance to dial in the correct pressure for these new radials in the next couple weeks.

Actually, I picked up on it right away - which why I was pointing out the futility of posting tire pressures without knowing the vehicle and tire size involved.

It was immediately obvious to me that you were using the classic drag combo of tiny tire in front, huge tire on the rear - and the inflation pressures posted reflected that. Your handle merely confirmed it.

And thanks for posting the photos - the car is awesome!

Last edited:
2001 Nissan Frontier XE-V6
Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revos 265/70-16
30 psi. each

2007 Nissan Maxima
Goodyear RS-A 245/45-R18 ([censored] OEM tires)
37 psi. each

My old 33"x12.50" BFG All Terrains KO's I ran 44 lbs. and I just took them off @ about 42,000 miles. They still have a good amount of tread left but being the old style and being over 8 yrs. old they are weather cracking pretty good. But they ran great! I just put on the same size but went to Pro Comp's All Terrains. They installed them with 36 lbs. but I think I'll bump them up to at least 40 lbs. until I see what they want to run at.

2004 Ford Crown Victoria
General Exclaim UHP 255/45ZR18 on S197 Mustang 18x8.5" 5 spoke "Fan Blades"
40psi all around.
In the winter I run Bridgestone Blizzak 215/65R16 on the factory 16x7" Y-spoke alloys. 35psi all around.

2001 Buick Regal. Trunk placard says 30 psi all around. I run mine at 32: gives me a bit of play for the pressures to drop a bit without going below 30 psi (tire shenanigans occur below that) and I like the ride a bit better.

I used to run 35 psi in all 4 but my tires seem to really pick up the road cracks and make funny noises at 35. 32 has been a good compromise so far.

Never noticed a difference in mpg between 30 and 35 though.

Escape: BFG Long Trail TA 32psi all around. The tires feather in 5k no matter the pressure. Factory conti's did the same.

Ranger: Factory Conti's 32psi all around. 40 if I'm hauling a load. The fronts feather on the truck also. Never had a problem with any vehicle feathering before these two.

2004 SE-R Spec-V

Front: 235/40-17
Rear: 225/45-17

Recommends 33psi all around.

I have 38psi front, and 36psi rear.

S30102783.jpg

Have any of you folks with over-sized tires on your off road vehicles used chalk to find the right air pressure? Back in my jeep days we used to shoot chalk line chalk across the tires and drive them in a parking lot until you got the full patch showing up on the pavement by adjusting the pressure of each tire. Of course you start with them filled a little high and work your way down till you see the full tread patch show up.

I haven't used the chalk test, but on my Tacoma I have the aggressive Cooper Discoverer STTs, and I run them at 40psi front and rear. Treadwear seems to be pretty even, and I rotate them about every 5k miles. I think they will rot before the tread is gone.

Vehicle: 2002 F-150
Tires: BFGoodrich Rugged Trail T/A
Front:35psi
Rear: 35psi

Ran the same pressures when I had the Goodyear junk. The pressure is what the factory calls for and the tire dealer uses those pressures also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back