post your tire pressures

Status
Not open for further replies.
92 Accord wagon.
195/60R15 Bridgestone T/As from Costco.

OEM suggested pressure is 32F, 32R. 34 or 35R at max GVWR.
Factory pressures produce markedly uneven tread wear at edges. Tires need 36~37 to wear evenly.

Running 40 PSI F/R seeking improved handling, fractional MPG increase, and cooler highway temps here in 'sunny and warm' Aridzona. Going much higher produces jackhammer ride quality. Tires are wearing evenly and seem likely to exceed the warranted 60K.

Last edited:
I'm somewhat surprised at the number of people running extra pressure.
The topic comes up here and there, and most forum communities frown on deviating from the factory suggestions. Maybe BITOG peeps are a little more open minded than average regarding auto maintenance issues?!

Last edited:
2006 Ford Explorer EB V8
Door jamb says 35, I run 42 in the Michellin M&S'245/65r17's
Great ride they could take more when trailer towing.

2008 Jeep JK. Stock 245/75r16 tires Door jamb says 35 that's what I run on the street.
Offroad I drop them to 15. I spin them on Shale and sandstone trying to wear them out or bust them....I thought these goodyear GSA's were suppossed to be junk? They are lasting far to long.

Door jam 30 psi for my 02 Cavalier.

Owners' manual 26 psi for my 77 LUV. They didn't put it on the door jam then. It came with F-78-14's. I am now running P195-70R-14's. Maybe I should ask Kumho what psi they suggest.

Originally Posted By: Geonerd
I'm somewhat surprised at the number of people running extra pressure.
The topic comes up here and there, and most forum communities frown on deviating from the factory suggestions. Maybe BITOG peeps are a little more open minded than average regarding auto maintenance issues?!

+1
I am also impressed that the Volvo SR-60 has 39psi recommended, maybe it has really low profile tires that need the pressure to keep from flatspotting the rims?
My both my cars below have 35psi in them, the tracker has 28 recommended and the Neon has 32.
Kind of off topic but I was running 58psi cold yesterday for autocross for the front tires to keep them from running to much on the sidewall. They are tiny 195/45R14 Toyo proxes(street tires) with a load rating of 900ish lbs. The guy I got them from used them to autocross a Honda Insight for the gearing reduction and I use them for the same reason. About 9% in my case which really helps the Neon get going. They have a maximum of 44 psi on the sidewall and don't seem to do anything funny with 58 in them... I do let them down to 30psi for storage though.

we used to run old 32 psi max bias/belted tires at 60 psi for autocross when I was a kid. Never blew any up.

06 SRT8 - run 32 per doorjamb. Run 44 for track days.

0x Savanna 3500's - run 80 psi rear/65 psi front as they weigh 9000 pounds! We own several.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
we used to run old 32 psi max bias/belted tires at 60 psi for autocross when I was a kid. Never blew any up.

Well that's reassuring! These poor little tires are worked pretty hard but I think they are very well made.

The G6 calls for f30/r30 I run 32 in the front because it seems to be a little easier on the shoulders of the tires. The G5 calls for f35/r35 which is where I have them now but I've only had for a couple weeks. The Saturn was f30/r26 and I ran it at f34/r30, didn't seem to make much difference in wear but was probably worth a little mileage.

Just upped mine on my Matrix to 39 (from about 35). Recommended is 32 F/R. The pressure is set to min ambient temp so they will read 39 around 90 F.

I'm still adjusting the new NT05s. Currently at 37/35. Sidewall says 50psi max. I started at 30/28 and worked my way up. I found that adjusting spring rates was easier to keep the balance than adjusting tire pressures.

Originally Posted By: ProStreetCamaro
76 Camaro with 40 pounds up front and 12 pounds out back.

LOL!!!

This really points out the futility of just quoting inflation pressure without also naming the tire size - plus the reference point is the placard size and pressure. Without all of that, you have no idea about the meaning of the information posted.

Originally Posted By: CapriRacer

LOL!!!

This really points out the futility of just quoting inflation pressure without also naming the tire size - plus the reference point is the placard size and pressure. Without all of that, you have no idea about the meaning of the information posted.

The handle "ProStreetCamaro" is a clue.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Originally Posted By: CapriRacer

LOL!!!

The handle "ProStreetCamaro" is a clue.

HEHE he must not have noticed my name. I just switched from hoosier quick time pro 29-14.50-15 to Mickey Thompson 325-50-15 drag radials yesterday. Should have a chance to dial in the correct pressure for these new radials in the next couple weeks.

090902_130127.jpg

090902_130141.jpg

Originally Posted By: 97f150
Niiiicccceeeeee! Any more pics?

Sure here are a few of my camaro and the chevy II I built for my father.

NewSignature.jpg

CamaroFront.jpg

CamaroFrontAngle-1.jpg

P1000350.jpg

P1040617.jpg

2_2.jpg

P1000724.jpg

Last edited:
...the chevy II I built for my father.

P1040617.jpg

Okay, am I the only one that LOL'd at the coincidence that the hotel sign, directly over said car, is pointing out their "GREAT SENIOR CITIZEN RATES"?

Sweet Camaro, BTW...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back