Post Your Latest CAF Change!

This one run just shy of 5 years, ~25k miles on 7th gen 3.0L Accord. It's a made in China Parts Plus, not sure where I got it. Maybe ebay but I know it was a low cost and basic CAF. Replaced with a Purolator Tech TC35519, <$6 from Amazon. Made in the US, low cost basic CAF. The latter my standard for CAFs. Ordered two more from Amazon for other Honda vehicles in the stable.

View attachment 212666
View attachment 212667
I just replaced a similarly dirty CAF in our 2018 CRV, but ours only had 25 months / 13000 miles on it. Used Puroma brand (Amazon) with activated charcoal.
It's a 2 pack, so I have another one to change it out in another 2 years.

I just purchased a Denso cabin air filter to replace a Ecoguard cabin air filter, for my Ford Edge, the Denso looks totally different, and I don't know if it's even going to fit, and I can't check right now, because I'm healing from back surgery..

Was this a special option in 2004? I don’t believe the GMT 900 ones had the filter. (About 2008 onward)
This was not an option. The ducting is still there, I just had to cut open the area where there was suppose to be the access panel. There are DIY vids online for gmt800

2003 Honda Civic
179662 miles
miles on CAF: 10700
time on CAF: 18 months
out: EPAuto
in: KAX

I was intrigued by the "blueness" of the KAX, so when I went to change, and saw that the EPAuto still had some life left, I went ahead and changed it anyway. My Civic has two filters, each in their own cradle, and I saw that the one that sits closest to the passenger side was more loaded than the other one. So with the KAX, I will "rotate" the two filters after 12 months and leave them in for another 12 months. Given the state of the EPAuto after 18 months, I think 24 months is an easy do for this car. Pics:
Top EPAuto:
IMG_0677.jpg

Bottom EPAuto:
IMG_0680.jpg

Top KAX:
IMG_0678.jpg

Bottom KAX:
IMG_0679.jpg

Sorry for the unintended crotch shot. ;)

Back