Post your first car - If you have pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is pictures of my first car. I grew up in it and then got to drive it. My friends called it the party-van because it was ugly coloured but had A/C that worked and a remote starter!
grin2.gif

My dad the mechanic kept it on the road for 20 years and 460K KM (287.5K Miles). Only left me stranded twice. Once with a bad battery and the second time when it had an electrical fire under the hood at it's time of death one August night.
frown.gif
I miss it!

The pictures were it at 20 years old about 2 months before it went up in flames on the side of the road.

It had the 2.6 Litre 4 cylinder Mitsubishi engine. Towards the end it used to burn 2-2.5 quarts of oil per tank of gasoline.

Looks good, thanks to Krown Rust Control.

van1.jpg

van2.JPG

I didn't know they used the 2.6 Mitsu in the vans...My first car was an 82 Plymouth Sapporo with the same engine. Ran great up until 90K when the flywheel had some broken teeth, the quote to fix it was around a grand-she was traded in on my 88 pulsar the next day.

This is what it looked like, I dont have a picture, but this was close.

86_Cutlass_2000-03_2.jpg

305 Chevy V8 with a TH350. 1986 Olds Cutlass Supreme Brougham.
Got it one day before my G1 exit driving test.

Last edited:
I love Google image search... Don't have a pic of your vehicle, that's ok Google will find you one...
LOL.gif
Gotta love the Internet!

Mine was a white LeBaron GTS.. Loved that car!!! Miss it too!!

It looked like this Shelby Lancer in that it was the same color, same 4 doors. Mine had the 15" Pizza wheels on it (turbo Dodge ppl will know!)

If I could find a mint Shelby Lancer and had the room, I'd get one in a heartbeat.

95301276146dad6be5c6f8-640x480.jpg

'80 Caprice Classic with a 305, which I later did a whole '89 Brougham conversion on. Here's a pic after I had the vinyl top done, and got '86+ door mirrors installed:

rear-end.jpg

And an old interior pic before the upgrades:

dashboard.jpg

Although my "first" car, it was really a hand me down. The first car I actually purchased was a Mid East spec '07 Grand Marquis with the 239 bhp dual exhaust:

dsc00155.jpg

dsc00113.jpg

Last edited:
I got my first car brand new (I was/am spoiled) at the end of September in 2004. It was a 2004 Civic VP coupe.

IMG_0180.jpg

Then this had to happen to it

121_0177.jpg

Bent the frame from hitting a guard rail and now I don't have it anymore
frown.gif

I didn't have a digi cam back then: so here's is a google pic, but same color and model as I had, etc.

when I 1st came to the USA, my wife only had a her 89 Accord, but her grandma got a new car and gave me her 1988 5.0L Caprice Classic 4 dr sedan to use, so for me, it was my 1st car, till I bought the 97 Tbird. (grandma had neglected the Caprice a lot, it met an untimely end , IMO)

I liked the Living Room on wheels, it was good parking practice. :)

1988chev17.jpg

And this is the 1st car i bought with my own money in the u.s:
(1997 Tbird "sport package" 4.6L , still going strong at 130 k miles): - ACTUAL pic.
n746730590_5034079_3709.jpg

Originally Posted By: Barkleymut
I didn't know they used the 2.6 Mitsu in the vans...My first car was an 82 Plymouth Sapporo with the same engine...

My first car was an '83 Sapporo. 5-speed manual, rear wheel drive, no ABS, airbags. It was a fun car and I sorta miss it. I 'accidently' took a rural railroad crossing a little too fast and got airborn. It broke the right rear shock from the body and punched a hole through the already rusted out wheel well. Being a stupid and poor sixteen year old, I just drove it on the spring until I got rid of it. Oh yeah, and the clutch was so worn that I could let it idle in gear at a stop.

Previon-89Mazda323.jpg

Like this but blue. Paint chipped off the forward face of the hood like crazy. Would have been a perfect candidate for a "bra".

Bra's are bad for cars because they hold moisture in against the paint and cause it to bubble and rot/rust the metal.

I have seen a ton of vehicles here that have Bra's in the beginning and then have rotted out noses and fronts of hoods later on because of this.

You would be better off with a 3M Film applied that is clear and can barely be seen.

If I had known how good the 3M stuff was I would have had it put on my Santa Fe which is now stone chipped all over the front nose and above the windshield.
frown.gif

My Krown Rust control place has the templates to cut and apply it so it fits like a glove.

I learned lots with this Santa Fe and BITOG and other vehicles, that will certainly make my next one last almost forever!
grin2.gif

Last edited:
1980_oldsmobile_omega.jpg

My first car was my great aunts 1981 Omega, only real differences from the picture are that mine was more of a gold colour, had an olds hood ornament, body coloured mirrors and bigger chrome hub caps. I even had white walls showing on my new tires...

^ had a friend in college with one of those, great car, we called it "the munchkin". Headliner was sagging and it rode like a cadillac.

Here is my first car, a 1988 Mitsu pickup. Pic taken in 2006 before we scrapped it in 2007. Stupid carb problem ruined an excellent truck. It's a personal pic, hence the (uncensored) Hawaii lisence plate.

000_0096-1.jpg

000_0099.jpg

Engine pic - I think a vacuum hose came loose somewhere.

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
1980_oldsmobile_omega.jpg

My first car was my great aunts 1981 Omega, only real differences from the picture are that mine was more of a gold colour, had an olds hood ornament, body coloured mirrors and bigger chrome hub caps. I even had white walls showing on my new tires...

When I first started going to school, I got driven to school by a classmate's family in one of those...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back