Post your first car - If you have pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bump

IM000617.jpg

The first car I personally owned was a 1959 Peugeot 403, same color as the one in this picture. Mine had a few scratches and dents in it. Was a great first car in 1964.

http://www.brusselspictures.com/wp-content/photos/Autoworld-French-cars3/Peugeot 1959-60.JPG

My second and first brand new car was a 1965 Shelby GT350 exactly like the one in this picture. Of all the cars I've owned, this is the one I wish I still had.

http://www.classicandperformancecar.com/front_website/octane_interact/modelpicture.php?id=2652

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
Not actually mine (Google)

Black vinyl top with black interior.

1974 Olds Cutlass Supreme

0010919A.JPG

I hadn't looked at this thread in awhile. That car looks like it came factory equipped with a pearl handled cane and a mink coat. Very nice.

CORVAIRA-1.jpg

1965 Corvair Monza 140 HP (4 Carb) Powerglide. Got it when I was 15, worked on it at my uncles Body shop on and off for a year. Picture taken spring 1978.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Awesome-looking car, JetStar. Was it fun to drive?

Yes it was. It handled great. Wasn't that fast in a straight line, but the motor was indestructable, I sure tested it. Fun in the winter too with limited slip. Had to put ballast up front so I could steer on snow/ice. Never got stuck. Speedo ran off of the left front wheel so you could tell immediately if you had the fronts locked up. Heater was not that great. My friends from high school (we're all old now) still talk about that car. I last saw the car in 1996 parked next to a garage in New Haven. I'd like to track it down if it still exists.

I drove the car hard for a year and never had any problems with it, or oil leaks. I changed the valve cover gaskets, oil pan gasket, push rod tube o-rings, and rocker arm stud o-rings when I had it in the body shop, before I started driving it. Overhauled and synced the carbs as well. I carried a spare fan belt under the seat, but never had an issue with the belt flipping off like I had read about and I reved the [censored] out of it.

Sorry for being long winded

Originally Posted By: levi
65 Plymouth Satellite. This isn't it. Mine was steel wheels, no hubcaps. Big dent in front fender. 383, 4-on-the-floor. Thought it was so cool back then. :)

1965_Plymouth_Satellite.jpg

Still is cool.

Originally Posted By: JetStar
CORVAIRA-1.jpg

1965 Corvair Monza 140 HP (4 Carb) Powerglide. Got it when I was 15, worked on it at my uncles Body shop on and off for a year. Picture taken spring 1978.

I LOVE the baby moons and big, fat, 1970's tires! Awesome photo!

buickatcapecod65.jpg

65 Buick Electra 401 nailhead - got it in 1972 from my parents with 89K miles on it. Needed a valve job and a distributor. My first shade tree Auto Mechanic experience. That's me in the plaid shorts at Cape Cod.

Last edited:
Nice Buick ARCO! Mine was a '74 Olds 98 coupe, aka "The Sled", same color/configuration as this google image, Rocket 455. Bought it in '85 for $250.

Oldsmobile+Ninety-Eight++Regency+1974+2.jpg

Nice barge! We had a 70 electra 225 too, 455 buick torque monster motor. Basically an indestructable HD truck with a pass car body ( albiet a HUGE one) plopped on. UNkillable turbo400 trans too
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: PRND3L
Nice Buick ARCO! Mine was a '74 Olds 98 coupe, aka "The Sled", same color/configuration as this google image, Rocket 455. Bought it in '85 for $250.

Oldsmobile+Ninety-Eight++Regency+1974+2.jpg

Sweet!

I just one that looked like that yesterday...I forget how huge they were...

My first car was a 1990 ford Thunderbird.

Base model, blue interior, blue exterior and hub caps.

3.8L V6 motor, automatic trans, and rust up to the door handles.

I paid 900 dollars for the car, and thought I was the coolest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back