Post your favorite movie car chases

Originally Posted by IMSA_Racing_Fan
My grandfather had big American cars like a 1966 Pontiac Tempest and a 1966 Buick Wildcat 455 that I learned to drive in. Love that big motor carb moan.

Nothing like the secondaries on a quadrajet opening

Ronin, sweet Euro engine sounds.

Gone in 60 seconds, Eleanor (new version) is my dream

Bourne Identity, Damon beating on the Mini is hilarious

Posting anything James Bond is cheating lol. But my favorites are the Kenworth W900 chase scene in "Licence to Kill" and the AMC corkscrew jump in "The Man with the Golden Gun".

[Linked Image]

Get Carter - Sylvester Stallone - 1998 Cadillac STS

Originally Posted by 14Accent

It's less of a "chase scene" and more of a "chase the entire movie", but I had to mention one of my favorites. This movie gives me chills to this day... one of Spielberg's best works IMO.

A screen shot from Duel has been my screensaver for a long time.

Screenshot_20200410-173045.png

Originally Posted by JimPghPA
Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
Crazy Larry and Dirty Mary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kySJqSLeke0

Snagglefoot, you got the title basakwards, it is Dirty Mary Crazy Larry. I saw it at a drive-in when it came out. There was a car at the drive-in that was identical to the car in the movie. Everyone at the movie was eyeing that car.

I stand corrected. Thanks.

The movie 'Dirty Mary,Crazy Larry' was actually based on a book called, "The Chase" by Richard Unekis. I read it several years ago and the movie does a pretty good job of following the book. However, there is no Mary, dirty or otherwise.

Wrecked another classic automobile.

What's a car chase thread without Dirty Harry.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Oildudeny
My grandfather had big American cars like a 1966 Pontiac Tempest and a 1966 Buick Wildcat 455 that I learned to drive in. Love that big motor carb moan.

That was a Buick Wildcat 445 ( 401 cu-in) nailhead.

And It had a Carter AFB not a rochester.

Buick and Chevy Engine builder here
smile.gif
Plus I'm old enough to know
smile.gif

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
Originally Posted by Oildudeny

That was a Buick Wildcat 445 ( 401 cu-in) nailhead.

And It had a Carter AFB not a rochester.

Buick and Chevy Engine builder here
smile.gif
Plus I'm old enough to know
smile.gif

We listened to a few of those big Quadrajets opening in the old days too-my '68 Impala SS 327/300 HP, and my brother's '70 GS 455, good thing gas was cheap back then! Used to run the air cleaner upside-down on the 327 for extra air flow (& noise), my brother is still the only person I ever heard of getting pulled over in it for a loud CARBURETOR!!

Too many will never know the distinct sensation of putting the pedal down on a full size big cubic inch American car as the nose rises in the air to the sound of oooOOOHHHHMMMMM

Snagglefoot....

1) Bullitt - San Francisco hills
2) The French Connection - Manhattan subway streets

These two were the best of the Classic Movie car chases in the USA.

Back