Post your favorite movie car chases

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, and the second chase too!
Watch how Natascha McElhone holds the wheel with a light grip at the 10 and 3 o'clock and displays calm focus. Very convincing, either she was coached by a pro for the in-car shots or had driving training.

Last edited:
The Bullitt chase is special to me for two reasons. One, I saw it when it was new; I'd gone to see my man Robert Vaughn in the film, and got this great surprise. Six weeks later, when school opened for the fall, my schoolmates were still talking about the scene.

Two, it does not come at you full on. The early portion is a cat-and-mouse game between McQueen's Bullitt and the guys in the Charger. Build, build, let the tension ratchet up, and only then, several minutes in (at the start of the clip above), are we riding with Bullitt in that snarling Mustang.

Oh, and as I played it, YT displayed an ad for a local injury attorney. "In a Wreck? Need a Check?" How appropriate.

It's less of a "chase scene" and more of a "chase the entire movie", but I had to mention one of my favorites. This movie gives me chills to this day... one of Spielberg's best works IMO.

Last edited:
My grandfather had big American cars like a 1966 Pontiac Tempest and a 1966 Buick Wildcat 455 that I learned to drive in. Love that big motor carb moan.

Best ever is Dabney Coleman in "Out Of Time". He plays a cop withonly a short time to live so he is hoping to die on the job so his wife gets more money..

Awwww come on! Let's go with the real thing. OJ Smpson in the marathon low...´ speed classic of 1992ðŸ‘🻠Just like the compelling drama of the later court case. Like Perry Mason on Downers 🥴

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back