Post your favorite movie car chases

Ive been a car guy since I was a small kid. I remember running to the front window to look outside if I heard a car with loud exhaust driving by. This being said, I would watch any movie with a car chase in it. Some favorites were Dirty Mary Crazy Larry, Smokey and the Bandit, Cannonball Run, Ronin, Gone in Sixty Seconds...
I REALLY enjoyed Hot Pursuit. Surprisingly good for a newer movie on a budget.

My son has been a huge Smokey and the Bandit fan since he is about eight. Hes 15 now and sometimes if I ask him what he wants to eat, He will reply a Diablo Sandwich and a Dr Pepper. Cracks me up.

Anyone remember one from the 70s called King of the Mountain? Corvette Summer? I think Vanishing Point was mentioned. There was a remake in the 90s that was kinda good.

I will not watch any of those Fast and Furious movies.

Originally Posted by bullwinkle

We listened to a few of those big Quadrajets opening in the old days too-my '68 Impala SS 327/300 HP, and my brother's '70 GS 455, good thing gas was cheap back then! Used to run the air cleaner upside-down on the 327 for extra air flow (& noise), my brother is still the only person I ever heard of getting pulled over in it for a loud CARBURETOR!!

I still get a call to rebuild a Q-Jet every now and then; it was probably the most versatile carburetor ever designed. I even saw one mounted on a 70's vintage BMW V8 prototype at the BMW Museum in Munich in 1981.

Getting in so late, most of the ones I would mention already have been!

Well here's one:

The Italian Job, 1969
Great stunt work with BMC Mini's by Remy Julienne and his troup of drivers.

Originally Posted by MCompact
To Live and Die in LA (1985)

Yes! That is one of my favorites, too. When the movie was reviewed it was stated that it had a better car chase than in "The French Connection." That was significant at the time.

Originally Posted by NYEngineer

I will not watch any of those Fast and Furious movies.

Me either. Every idiot on the road now drives with his hand on top of the steering wheel imitating Vin Diesel.

Back