Post Your Black Friday SCORES..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ventured out to Home Depot friday afternoon hoping for free popcorn, like last year. No such luck. Bought a gallon of windshield washer solvent. Went home and watched Clint Eastwood cowboy movie's!

I don't normally shop on Black Friday, but like the OP Menard's had something that was too good to pass up.

I got this gun safe for $399 during the 6 hour sale

http://www.menards.com/main/p-2423897-c-13917.htm

My wife went to stand in line around 5 AM, there were maybe 50 people in line ahead of her at that time. I got there at 5:35 and the line stretched around from the front door back the side of the building across the security gates and wrapped back up to the parking lot and was still growing. I parked in a nearby lot as the Menard's lot was chock full.

I got ticket #2 for this item at our store. We were concerned there would only be a few available at that price, but the gal by the safe had a good handful of tickets for this item available to hand out. There were already 3 of them staged when I picked it up in the back.

My wife got some new dog beds, thermal socks, and other odds & ends that were on sale while we were there.

PepBoys in the past had free $20 gift cards for the first 50 customers. Also had free DunkinDonuts and coffee.

No more
frown.gif

I got a $20 credit on a Milwaukee M18 blower I paid $69 for in the beginning of the month at Home Depot. Other than that, nothing.

I'm not standing in line for garbage electronics (the stuff is almost always very low end stuff with "Black Friday SKU's" so updates, etc are not there. I'd rather wait a little longer and get something good.

We used to do BF but I guess as we got "older" there was little that appeals to us any more...

My wife had to work all day (she's a 911 dispatcher) so our Thanksgiving dinner was at Baker's Square. Walmart was across the street, so we went to see what deals we could find. By this time, they had been open about an hour and a half so the huge mobs were gone. Surprisingly, they still had plenty of the iPad Minis left that were $199 and came with a $30 gift card, so we got one of those. We also got the LG Blu-Ray player they had for $35. They let us do that in a separate purchase so we could use the gift card on it, so it ended up being only 5 bucks out of pocket. Didn't have to stand in any lines at all, even at the checkout.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
I scored some peace and quiet time by staying at home.

This. We never do BF shopping trips, and never will.
If then only online: I browsed occasionally on amazon.com etc but didn't find much.
Things I needed were NOT on any type of sale.

Oh almost forgot i did buy a jacket on amazon!
smile.gif

I walked into a Menards in Burnsville, MN about 10:30 am. I was in the door for about 2 minutes, turned around, and walked out.

What a zoo.

Fleet Farm, wasn't nearly as bad later in the afternoon.

Lunch and some quality time with Mom, along with a trip to the cemetery to visit Dad. The only purchases made were gas for her car and my truck.

I went to my local record store for Black Friday Record Store Day. Actually, I didn't going to *my* local record store, as I was visiting my in-laws for Thanksgiving. Instead, I woke up extra early and drove an hour and a half to a record store so I could be there when they opened.

Support small business. Support your indie record store.

My take:
TIKdk5w.jpg

This made the trip worth it.

pOa8Yuu.jpg

The Dude abides.

CNsOK7r.jpg

My daughter's first piece of vinyl.

gPW1sLe.jpg

Not part of Record Store Day, but I picked up a mint copy of Disralei Gears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back