Post pictures of your dashboard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Show us what your gauges, and lights on your dash board looks like. Here's mine!

stewtruck032.jpg

Great idea. I love dashboards. When I get an book with pictures of old cars, I'm dissapointed if there aren't good interior shots.
I like to see what it looks like to be in the driver's seat of a '54 Packard, etc.

'69 VW MicroBus
DSC01267.jpg

'07 Toyota Tacoma regular cab.
DSC01268.jpg

I was thinking of starting an interior pictures thread after seeing the engines threads. Dashboards work too.

The Max
121_0241.jpg

121_0243.jpg

Mom's Camry
106.jpg

Last edited:
I don't have any of my current vehicles but here is one of the planes' "dash" I worked on with some of the NVG lights lit.

C-130e-flight-station.jpg

Engine gauges are in the center. each column is set for an engine; 4 engines, 8 gauges for each engine.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
best i can come up with at the moment...

And my old '01 A4, still my favorite:
a11.jpg

dashboard-night.jpg

2.jpg

I've always liked the VW and AUdi displays... real nice.

Originally Posted By: asiancivicmaniac
It's so weird looking at a left handed drive Camry!

I was thinking that myself... Looks like something is missing/wrong.
LOL.gif

how do you think we colonists feel when we see all the American cars with the steering wheel on the wrong side.

i read in a traffic study that having the steering wheel on the right is safer because your dominant (right) eye sees the oncoming traffic. how true that is, i don't know. I just know i will feel like a rubber chicken driving in america/canada...

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Originally Posted By: asiancivicmaniac
It's so weird looking at a left handed drive Camry!

I was thinking that myself... Looks like something is missing/wrong.
LOL.gif

Yes, it is very strange. Notice how although the driver's position is on the right, the gauge cluster and the pedals are on the same sides as they are in a US car. In our cars, it's brake pedal on the left, gas on the right. The Aussie car is the same!

Originally Posted By: crinkles
how do you think we colonists feel when we see all the American cars with the steering wheel on the wrong side.

i read in a traffic study that having the steering wheel on the right is safer because your dominant (right) eye sees the oncoming traffic. how true that is, i don't know. I just know i will feel like a rubber chicken driving in america/canada...
No "North-American" systems are always better!
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: ekpolk
Yes, it is very strange. Notice how although the driver's position is on the right, the gauge cluster and the pedals are on the same sides as they are in a US car. In our cars, it's brake pedal on the left, gas on the right. The Aussie car is the same!

I think this is because most people are right-handed and thus have better coordination with that foot also. Unless you are of the opposite gender then you are pretty much screwed!
LOL.gif
(J/K)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back