(possibly) Wrong oil put into my vehicle by dealership, trying to figure out next step

Won't hurt a thing. My sister has an Altima that has had 0w20 to 10w40 and is over 100k. 0w20 was ran in summer between Louisiana and Mississippi in the summer. My Caravan was rated for 5w30 in 2012 then went to 5w20. Mine is an 18 with same engine design and I am running 0w20 without worries. Louisiana heat, city driving, idles alot and overloaded a few times. RPM has been 6500 on more than one occasion trying to get out of the way of idiots.

You got a refund….go do the oil change yourself and ensure everything is good enough to make you sleep at night. Keep the same filter on. Drain the previous oil into a clean container and keep it for top up. Done, easy

I guess this is what it comes down to. I would guess that the average person has no clue about this. For me, I can at least do it myself or
watch them put it in, like you said.

In years past watching them put it in might have been an option, but I haven't seen many shops lately that will allow customers back into the work area. Especially dealer service centers. They don't want the liability if you get hurt, they don't want to bothered, and they probably don't like people looking over their shoulder. I'm sure there may be exceptions but that had been my experience for awhile now.

This seems odd to me. Every Ford Quick Lane I've been in had bulk tanks for 5W-20 and 5W30 for gasoline vehicles. I just assumed other brands were the same if they had common vehicles that required both. Otherwise I figured they used bottled oil just like the Quick Lane does for 5W-50.

The oil would have just come out of a big drum in the corner. Everyone probably gets the same stuff.

If you're worried do a drop and fill yourself. I wouldn't bother with the filter.
That's exactly what I would do. Going forward I'd either change the oil myself or find someone I trust to do it.

FYI - I found out that the 3609X oil is a 5W-30 blend. So they did not put in 5W-30 full synthetic, as per the spec.

Maybe that is close enough? What do you think?

I found this out from another dealership's part department...they showed me the entry in the Nissan parts catalog for "3609X oil".

Back, when I asked the original dealership for a refund, they pushed back a bit. I told them that if they could show me documentation
that they put in 5W-30 synthetic, I would drop my request for a refund. The part number for the 3609X oil is on the receipt.
They declined, and mailed me a refund check. This may have been why. What they actually put in is a mystery...0W-20 or 5W-30 blend,
who knows.

Basically dealer told you "Oil is oil and money is money" 😂
I would dump whatever they have put and fill with 5w30. Myself. Change washer for drain plug after draining.

FYI - I found out that the 3609X oil is a 5W-30 blend. So they did not put in 5W-30 full synthetic, as per the spec.

I found this out from another dealership's part department...they showed me the entry in the Nissan parts catalog for "3609X oil".

Back, when I asked the original dealership for a refund, they pushed back a bit. I told them that if they could show me documentation
that they put in 5W-30 synthetic, I would drop my request for a refund. The part number for the 3609X oil is on the receipt.
They declined, and mailed me a refund check. This may have been why. What they actually put in is a mystery...0W-20 or 5W-30 blend,
who knows.

I would not worry one bit. Run it for 3-4k and change it. Would not be the least bit concerned.

who knows.
Just because the receipt claims a certain oil is used doesn't mean that it actually is.

Back