(possibly) Wrong oil put into my vehicle by dealership, trying to figure out next step

I recently had the oil changed in my 2021 Nissan NV200 cargo van at a Nissan dealership. The receipt didn't indicate the oil
weight that was put in, so I asked them. First they told me they put in 0W-20 synthetic but my vehicle takes 5W-30 synthetic. So they changed
their story, "Oh we really put in 5W-30 synthetic". When I asked them for documentation showing that they put in 5W-30 synthetic, but they
didn't have any - so they gave me a refund.

The warranty for my vehicle states 5W-30 synthetic only, no alternatives are listed.

I called a few mechanics around town, one said I should change it again for 5W-30 synthetic just to be sure, another said that "everyone is given 0W-20 synthetic and told -whatever-", another told me that the 0W-20 should be ok for the Kentucky winter but maybe next time get the 5W-30.

The receipt (attached) indicates Nissan kit 65F0C, with a 15208-65F0E filter and 3609X oil.

It is the 3609X oil I am wondering about...I searched the web, could not find anything definitive regarding its weight.

I'll be going to another Nissan dealership next week to get a new battery so I will show them the receipt.

But, I was hoping that someone here might be able to help me determine the weight of the 3609X oil.

Attachments

• oil_change_receipt.jpeg
    oil_change_receipt.jpeg
    147 KB · Views: 111
Yeah, one mechanic said that they get delivery from an oil truck that dumps it into a drum - and they only have
one drum, so everyone gets it.

I'd really like to know the weight of the Nissan 3609X oil...I know it's just a number on a sheet of paper, that
the dealership likly just gave me the oil from their storage drum, but I'd like to know anyways.

I recently had the oil changed in my 2021 Nissan NV200 cargo van at a Nissan dealership. The receipt didn't indicate the oil
weight that was put in, so I asked them. First they told me they put in 0W-20 synthetic but my vehicle takes 5W-30 synthetic. So they changed
their story, "Oh we really put in 5W-30 synthetic". When I asked them for documentation showing that they put in 5W-30 synthetic, but they

The warranty for my vehicle states 5W-30 synthetic only, no alternatives are listed.

I called a few mechanics around town, one said I should change it again for 5W-30 synthetic just to be sure, another said that "everyone is given 0W-20 synthetic and told -whatever-", another told me that the 0W-20 should be ok for the Kentucky winter but maybe next time get the 5W-30.

The receipt (attached) indicates Nissan kit 65F0C, with a 15208-65F0E filter and 3609X oil.

It is the 3609X oil I am wondering about...I searched the web, could not find anything definitive regarding its weight.

I'll be going to another Nissan dealership next week to get a new battery so I will show them the receipt.

But, I was hoping that someone here might be able to help me determine the weight of the 3609X oil.
I wouldn't bug out too much have dealer correct the manner or change out yourself leaving the filter if it'll make you sleep at night. 0w20 won't hurt any for one oci its basically a passenger car engine not a workhorse of an engine.

Was the no start at times diagnosis definitely attributed to a faulty battery? Just wondering.

I wouldn't bug out too much have dealer correct the manner or change out yourself leaving the filter if it'll make you sleep at night. 0w20 won't hurt any for one oci its basically a passenger car engine not a workhorse of an engine.
True, it is a small engine

I can't say for sure either, but my 17 frontier takes the 5w30, and yours takes 5w30, and many other Nissans I have seen, so it would seem that they would have 5w30 in stock.
I would think that too..but one Nissan dealership told me (the service manager) that they only had 0W-20. Which seems bizarre to me.

I would bet it is NOT Nissan oil. Who's the closest oil supplier around there? Because that is my bet. The local dealer uses Mobil "not Mobil 1" for the 5w30 stuff and Chevron Supreme for the 5W20 stuff...........or so they say. The Chevy dealer has a huge white plastic square tub in a metal cage that says Mobile 1 5W30 on it.

Was the no start at times diagnosis definitely attributed to a faulty battery? Just wondering.
Thanks for asking. So the battery failed to start 4 times in two weeks so that was part of the reason I took the vehicle in for service.

Each time I put a multi-meter on it, and twice it read 7V. Even when it started the van, I never saw it over 12.2V and I could only trickle
charge it to 12.65V...I kind of expected to be able to charge it to 13.5V or so, maybe I am wrong. I was told that when a battery drops
below 10V, there is a potential for damage to occur.

The exact battery is discontinued, no longer made, but I took it to another Nissan dealer and they got the battery to
fail enough so that it signaled a replacement. I think they left the lights on for a while, ran it thru the official Nissan tester,
got 225 CCA, 12.63V, 60F degrees, with a 'Replace Battery' acknowledgment sent to Nissan. The rated CCA for the battery is 470A.

I bought the van in May of 2021 so the battery is still under warranty, but the battery must fail using the official Nissan tester in order for
Nissan to honor the warranty. I attached a pic of my battery, just as an FYI. Also, they had an example of the Nissan battery warranty in the waiting room, examples of the official Nissan battery tester, so I attached it as well.

So to answer your question..it is faulty in the sense that the battery tester said "replace". My understanding is that it is based on a formula that looks at the tested CCA, compares it to the rated CCA and uses the room temp to extrapolate to zero degrees (which the CCA is supposed to be tested at).

Attachments

• Battery.jpeg
    Battery.jpeg
    255.3 KB · Views: 46
  • Nissan_battery_warranty_example.jpeg
    Nissan_battery_warranty_example.jpeg
    166.5 KB · Views: 46
I would bet it is NOT Nissan oil. Who's the closest oil supplier around there? Because that is my bet. The local dealer uses Mobil "not Mobil 1" for the 5w30 stuff and Chevron Supreme for the 5W20 stuff...........or so they say. The Chevy dealer has a huge white plastic square tub in a metal cage that says Mobile 1 5W30 on it.
Interesting you should say that. Another Nissan dealer in the area told me they only use Mobile 1.

Now I won't be able to sleep at night! :)
PROBABLY has nothing to do with it. It will be fine for one OCI. Your motor will not blow up.......First world problems here on BITOG...it's a very unique place on here....

FWIW, I ran a large fleet of light/medium duty trucks with remote monitoring of battery voltages.
11.7 volts was our cutoff to indicate that we had a battery issue that we needed to address.

Yes the reason my Corolla Stealership never does my oil changes their inhouse oil supplier is Chevron. You can get the Toyota oil there but you have to request it! So rather than request Toyota Synthetic I change my own with other brands of Full Synthetic oil for 1/3 to 1/4 of what the Stealership would charge me. Oh and then I know for sure what went in that day vs what the dealer had on hand!

Back