Possible sludged VQ37HR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheapest oil you can find .run it a 1000 mile then change oil brand ,do another 1000 mile (pennzoil ,quaker state and shell are the same brand by the way.)do one last 1000 mile with another brand of oil .(the cheaper the better)once thats done ?put it you favorite oil and your favorite oil filter .engine should be clean(if you used different brand .(one time you could use mobil,another time valvoline and lastly pennzoil conventional.)if it isnt clean after this ?i would go to your local dealership and have them look at it.

Originally Posted By: Clubber_Lang
Originally Posted By: 29662
Several short (3k) OCI's with a good synthetic. T6 or M1 0-40 would be my first choices. Change the oil filter after the first 1k miles and if you're so inclined cut it open and inspect. It will give you an idea if it really is sludged. Under no circumstances should you do an engine flush, they do more harm than good.

MMO is not a "flush"

Where in my post did you get that I said MMO is a flush??

I doubt using 0W-40 M1 would be an issue. Nissan spec's it for the Z. You think they're going to be able to void that in court? "Mobil 1 0W-40 is such a great oil we use it in our top performance vehicle, but we're not honoring the powertrain...." Really?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back